Re: Shabbos candles (Was Re: What's wrong with Conservative Judaism)
- From: hrubin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx (Herman Rubin)
- Date: Thu, 14 Sep 2006 01:30:40 +0000 (UTC)
In article <1158171068.052936.164260@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>,
Shlomo Argamon <argamon@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
<moshes@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
----------Chano, you are quoting the practical solution in the Shulchan Aruch.
I am refering to the _hypothetical_ question raised by Tosaphos. I
remember it so well because I was also bothered by what you quote
the Remo as saying.
And I'm bothered by the fact that I will never have an opportunity to sit in
a yeshiva and be bothered by either the question raised by the tosafos or
the practical solution provided by the Rema. It's all in the perspective :-(
Should we start a virtual, on-line Beit Midrash? After all, on the
Internet, no one can tell if it's tiflut... :-)
Why not? In my opinion, eventually most education of any
kind will be done electronically, but not on the internet.
This address is for information only. I do not claim that these views
are those of the Statistics Department or of Purdue University.
Herman Rubin, Department of Statistics, Purdue University
hrubin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx Phone: (765)494-6054 FAX: (765)494-0558
- Prev by Date: Re: kosher online supermarket clickonkosher.com
- Next by Date: Re: Shabbos candles (Was Re: What's wrong with Conservative Judaism)
- Previous by thread: Re: Shabbos candles (Was Re: What's wrong with Conservative Judaism)
- Next by thread: Re: Shabbos candles (Was Re: What's wrong with Conservative Judaism)