Re: Shabbos candles (Was Re: What's wrong with Conservative Judaism)

In article <1158171068.052936.164260@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>,
Shlomo Argamon <argamon@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

cindys wrote:
<moshes@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message

snip

Chano, you are quoting the practical solution in the Shulchan Aruch.
I am refering to the _hypothetical_ question raised by Tosaphos. I
remember it so well because I was also bothered by what you quote
the Remo as saying.
----------
And I'm bothered by the fact that I will never have an opportunity to sit in
a yeshiva and be bothered by either the question raised by the tosafos or
the practical solution provided by the Rema. It's all in the perspective :-(

Should we start a virtual, on-line Beit Midrash? After all, on the
Internet, no one can tell if it's tiflut... :-)

Why not? In my opinion, eventually most education of any
kind will be done electronically, but not on the internet.

hrubin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx Phone: (765)494-6054 FAX: (765)494-0558

  • Re: Conditional Probability.
    ... Some of the symbols are hard to make out in Internet ... Explorer, but they would probably be just as hard in ... are those of the Statistics Department or of Purdue University. ... Herman Rubin, Department of Statistics, Purdue University ...
    (sci.stat.math)
  • Re: Constructibility of X -> X^2 bijection
    ... Math Tutor on the Internet and in Central New Jersey and Manhattan ... are those of the Statistics Department or of Purdue University. ... Herman Rubin, Department of Statistics, Purdue University ...
    (sci.math)
  • Re: USENET back in the 80s
    ... >>> I have been on USENET since 1986. ... To the extent that the Internet existed in 1986, ... are those of the Statistics Department or of Purdue University. ... Herman Rubin, Department of Statistics, Purdue University ...
    (soc.culture.jewish.moderated)
  • Re: Turmeric!
    ... But since the cardiology unit was supposed to show how GEVALDIG tPA ... After all, BUSINESS IS BUSINESS! ... > are those of the Statistics Department or of Purdue University. ...
    (soc.culture.jewish.moderated)
  • Re: Development of computer analysis systems
    ... finite elements program would run much much faster and what was taking one ... packages do arithmetic may even be worse than the way I ... are those of the Statistics Department or of Purdue University. ... Herman Rubin, Department of Statistics, Purdue University ...
    (sci.math.symbolic)