Re: Spelling question: Abruzzi surname

I say it depends. Americanized, it would be with a capital "D". Correctly
(in Italian usage) it would be d'Atri, but computers and corporations will
convert it back to D'Atri.
I have a similar surname situation, and no matter how often I write it with
the lower-case "d" it gets switched back, and/or the apostrophe gets left
out (like in Datri).