Re: It seems to me

jgarbuz wrote:
>From the book, "Millennial Missionaries"
> "... Missionaries who followed Wolff noted the vulnerability of
> Jews to the exploitations and bullying of Muslims. W. B. Lewis, who
> in 1823 was sent by the London Jews Society to establish a permanent
> Protestant mission in Jerusalem, observed firsthand the despicable
> treatment of Jews at the hands of the ruling Muslim majority.6 Be-
> yond the crippling taxes which kept Jews as well as Christians in a
> permanent state of poverty, Jews were harassed daily. In the streets
> they feared for their very lives.
> Commiserating with the pitiful conditions of Jewish life in
> Palestine was not enough for Lewis; he wanted to change those con-
> ditions. He was one of the first to recognize that while Palestine's
> Latin Christians were protected by Catholic France, and the Greek
> and Arab Orthodox shielded by Russia, the Jews had no European
> nation they could look to for support against the exploitiveness of
> Ottoman rule. In Lewis's mind, only Protestant Britain could provide
> Jews the support they needed.
> In 1825 the London Jews Society sent George Dalton, a medical
> missionary to the Jews and the only physician in Palestine in his
> time..."

Do not try to confuse Thermidor with facts. He has all the truths he
needs in the fumes of his crackpipe. In any case, Thermidor doesn't
read books.

Deborah

  • Re: All UK flights put on Red Alert
    ... The Legacy of Jihad in Historical Palestine ... Among the worst victims of jihad and dhimmitude have been the Jews and Christians who lived in historic Palestine. ... The essential pattern of the jihad war is captured in the great Muslim historian al-Tabari’ s recording of the recommendation given by Umar b. ... The kaid Uwida and the kadi Mawlay Mustafa had mounted their tent today near the Mellah gate and had summoned the Jews in order to collect from them the poll tax which they are obliged to pay the sultan. ...
    (rec.martial-arts)
  • Re: *HURRAY!* Google Groups gets act together
    ... >> Land which Israel forceably took in the first place from ... after the arabs attacked Israel. ... > just never understood why the left hates the Jews so badly, ... palestine was violated, and by 1928 the violence rate between ...
    (sci.astro)
  • Nazi Zionist Craps
    ... America must fight and die for Nazi Zionists! ... This is the way the Jewish idea works in American ... Then the Christians will become Jews." ... "We will establish ourselves in Palestine whether you like it or ...
    (soc.culture.pakistan)
  • Hypocrisy and double standards!
    ... America must fight and die for Nazi Zionists! ... This is the way the Jewish idea works in American ... Then the Christians will become Jews." ... "We will establish ourselves in Palestine whether you like it or ...
    (soc.culture.usa)
  • Hypocrisy and double standards!
    ... America must fight and die for Nazi Zionists! ... This is the way the Jewish idea works in American ... Then the Christians will become Jews." ... "We will establish ourselves in Palestine whether you like it or ...
    (soc.culture.iranian)