Re: Are any of the old regulars around?
- From: "Westprog" <westprog@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Fri, 14 Sep 2007 07:24:05 +0100
K. E. Dennis wrote:
On 9/13/2007 4:58 AM, bren wrote:
In article <fca4b8022af@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>,"K. E. Dennis"
I tiptoe compassionately past bren's scene of grief [because the
better part of my nature tells me that expressions of sympathy would
be misinterpreted as sarcasm @ this time];
Ah Karen, when a loss is anticipated, the grief is always less
I know there is an element of truth to this, young Waughan, but I've
also been around long enough to know that however much we tell
we anticipated a loss, too often the philosophical resignation goes up
in flames @ the actual event.
You see, hurling season may be over [& of course Offaly hadn't even a
look in this time], but the baseball season is just reaching the true
Wouldn't some expression of sympathy to the French lady be in order? At
least she hasn't to suffer masses of crossposts from soc.culture.argentina.
SOTW: "I'm Not In Love" - Peggy Lee
- Prev by Date: Re: Are any of the old regulars around?
- Next by Date: Re: Your country needs you 
- Previous by thread: Re: Are any of the old regulars around?
- Next by thread: Re: Are any of the old regulars around?