The Basis of Muslim Belief

By Gary Miller

About Gary Miller, the author

Gary Miller (Abdul-Ahad Omar) shows how we can establish true faithby setting standards of truth. He illustrates a simple but effective method of finding out the right direction in our search for truth.

G.R.. Miller is a mathematician and a theologian. He was active inChristian missionary work at a particular point of his life but he soonbegan to discover many inconsistencies in the Bible. In 1978, hehappened to read the Qur'an expecting that it, too, would contain amixture of truth and falsehood.

He discovered to his amazement that the message of the Qur'an was precisely the same as the essence of truth that he had distilled from the Bible. He became a Muslim and since then has been active in giving public presentations on Islam including radio and television appearances. He is also the author of several articles and publications about Islam.

Dilemma of Applying Reason

Almost all of us have been faced with the questioning of a child by repeating one word over and over. He can be very frustrating to us as he asks, "WHY?" If you put a knife beyond his reach, he wants to know "WHY?" When you explain it is sharp, he asks "WHY?" And so you explain, "in order to cut fruit," and he asks, "WHY?" And so it goes.

It illustrates the dilemma of applying reason. What we have to do when we apply reason is first set standards of proof. We decide for ourselves, "What will I be satisfied with if I find such and such and so and so that constitutes for me a final proof?" We have to decide on that first.

What happens though, is that on the really important issues, the philosophical matters, thinkers set standards of proof and they take a look at their subjects and eventually they may arrive at their standards. They may arrive at the point which say would constitute a proof. But then they ask for a proof of the proof.

More to read

http://www.themodernreligion.com/essays_Gary_Miller.htm

Discover Islam - The Fastest Growing Religion in the World !

http://www.discoverislam.com/gallery.asp?page=1

Click here for your Guide to Islam

http://islamic-knowledge.com/Guide/

Learn about The Real Islam !

Correct your information about Islam, The Misunderstood Religion

http://www.sultan.org/

Get The Holy Quran. It is absolutely FREE

http://www.freequran.org/

Useful links

Understanding Islam

http://tinyurl.com/2d4ogd

http://www.muslimheritage.com/Default.aspx

http://www.studying-islam.org/index.aspx

www.islamonline.net

How to Become a Muslim

http://tinyurl.com/ye2ssra

  • Re: Hezbollahs victory increases chance of war
    ... by the standards of the day (that's why none of the ... time after the Prophet's death than any of the other wives. ... reasons for fighting in Islam. ... Not to the pious Muslim conquerir who actually practices his religion ...
    (rec.martial-arts)
  • Danish Cartoons, Double Standards and False Rhetoric of Islam and its Public Defenders
    ... Danish Cartoons, Double Standards and False Rhetoric of Islam and its ... The BBC, CBC, and NPR permit furious Muslim spokespeople and the ... Muslims use Western standards of behavior against Westerners while also ...
    (uk.politics.misc)
  • The Basis of Muslim Belief
    ... By Gary Miller ... Gary Miller shows how we can establish true faithby setting standards of truth. ... He became a Muslim and since then has been active in giving public presentations on Islam including radio and television appearances. ...
    (uk.religion.islam)
  • The Basis of Muslim Belief
    ... By Gary Miller ... Gary Miller shows how we can establish true faithby setting standards of truth. ... He became a Muslim and since then has been active in giving public presentations on Islam including radio and television appearances. ...
    (alt.religion.islam)
  • The Basis of Muslim Belief
    ... By Gary Miller ... Gary Miller shows how we can establish true faithby setting standards of truth. ... He became a Muslim and since then has been active in giving public presentations on Islam including radio and television appearances. ...
    (soc.culture.pakistan)