Re: @@ Hey Moosheh, Whatchu gonna do when we come for you? @@
- From: "Arash" <A7000@xxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Sun, 12 Mar 2006 11:52:38 -0500
March 10, 2006
Moshe Ya'alon reaffirms West has 'military option' in Iran
Former Israeli chief of staff Lt.-Gen. Moshe Ya'alon said Friday that Western nations
and Israel have the ability to launch a military strike that will set back Iran's
nuclear program for many years.
Moshe Ya'alon, who retired last June after a 37-year military career, told an
audience in Washington on Thursday that Israel had the capacity to carry out a
military strike against Iran by itself.
Ya'alon told Channel 1 on Friday that he stood by his earlier comments, but he didn't
repeat his reported assertion that Israel had the capacity to attack Iran's nuclear
"I spoke about the military option of the West, whether it's U.S. forces, NATO, also
the Israeli army that deal with the Iranian capability", Ya'alon said. "There is a
military capability that will set back the program for many years".
"In the West and in many places there is a baseless claim, in my eyes, that there
isn't an military ability, and thus it was important for me to make these remarks
clearly", Moshe Ya'alon said.
Ya'alon made the initial comments on Thursday in a question-and-answer session after
a speech he gave at the [Jewish] Hudson Institute, a Washington-based neocon
This a list of Jewish Hudson Institute staff
March 7, 2006 at 3:30-5 PM
Stopping the Iranian nuclear program: is there an Israeli option?
Iran's nuclear weapon and what to do about It
Jewish Hudson Institute
- Prev by Date: Re: @@ Iran is a big thorn pricking America @@
- Next by Date: Re: @@ Israel does not care the nature of Iran's regime but rather on IRAN's 'capabilities' @@
- Previous by thread: Re: @@ Hey Moosheh, Whatchu gonna do when we come for you? @@
- Next by thread: Re: @@ Hey Moosheh, Whatchu gonna do when we come for you? @@