Al-Quran, The Miracle of Miracles

Ahmed Deedat

Again and again when miracles are demanded from the prophet of God by the
cynical and frivolous few, he is made to point to the Quran - as the
miracle. And men of wisdom, who were honest enough to themselves, recognised
and accepted Al-Quran as an a genuine miracle.

Say: If the whole of mankind and jinns were to gather together to produce
the like of this Qur`an, they could not produce the like thereof, even if
they backed up each other with help and support.

What is a miracle?

I think it is necessary that we have a clear picture of what we mean by a
miracle. Here are some definitions:-

"An event that appears so inexplicable by the laws of nature, that it is
held to be supernatural in origin or an act of God." "A person, thing or
event that excites admiring awe." "An act beyond human power, an
impossibility."

It is logical that greater the impossibility, greater the miracle. For
example, should a person expire before our very eyes and is certified dead
by a qualiified medical man, yet later on a mystic or a saint commands the
corpse to 'arise!', and to everybody's astonishment the person gets up and
walks away , we would label that as a miracle. But if the resurrection of
the dead took place after the corpse had been in the mortuary for three
days, then we would acclaim this as a greater miracle. And if the dead was
made to arise from the grave, decades or centuries after the body had
decomposed and rotted away, then in that case we would label it the greatest
miracle of them all!

A Common Trait:

It has been a common trait of mankind since time immemorial that whenever a
guide from God appeared to redirect their steps into the will and plan of
God; they demanded supernatural proofs from these men of God, instead of
accepting message on its merit.

http://www.jannah.org/articles/qurdeed.html

  • Re: Miracles? Re: Intelligent Design?
    ... reporting on them to the _Skeptical Inquirer_? ... Suppose I tell you that if I pray hard enough to my god, ... our body's immune system would fight off whatever is thrown ... your traditional RCC miracle is on the deist/atheist side of the ...
    (talk.origins)
  • Re: Matthew 14
    ... albeit a reason that may be outweighed ... >>> You may say that now there is evidence against such beliefs but, if God ... we are talking about God and miracle. ... The stories are far from identical and the differences are ...
    (uk.religion.christian)
  • Saint Joseph, Saint Alphonsus Liguori, and Saint Athanasius 7-25-73
    ... "And now, in the world, God has decreed that ... I am Saint Joseph. ... This is My Miracle. ...
    (alt.politics)
  • Re: Mr Dawkins new book?
    ... you would be willing to call the case a miracle. ... Those who were there had no evidence to ... Do inexplicable tragedies similarly reduce people's faith? ... God benefits from a convenient double standards. ...
    (uk.religion.christian)
  • "Magic" versus "miracle" -- was Re: Evidence for Christianity?
    ... magic and miracle are unreal. ... Miracle does, sort of, in that we have even less access ... would still say things like "such-and-such happened because God ... pretend to reason about who caused a miracle and who caused a magic. ...
    (uk.religion.christian)