vishnu sahasra namam stanza- 21
- From: Bharathi <bharathi2u69@xxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Thu, 29 Oct 2009 03:05:22 -0700 (PDT)
maricirdamano hamsah suparno bhujagottamah
hiranyanabhah sutapah padmanabhah prajapatih
Word Meaning :
Marichih = The light that shines in darkness
Damanah = One who controls
Hamsah = The great swan [ the song of breath ]
Suparnah = The bird with good wings: [Garuda],The great eagle
Bhujagottamah = The greatest serpent [Ananta ]
Huranyanbhah = The one with a golden navel
Sutapah = Good penance
Padmanabhah = The one having a lotus in navel
Prahapatih = The progenitor and the protector.
Mediate the Lord as the Light that shines through darkness
and the Light that manifests as self-control.Know Him as the divine
swan,breath of life,the wellwinged bird Garuda and the greatest
serpent Ananta who carries the Lord and the universe.Also know Him as
the Lord with golden navel.the form of good penance,the lotus-navelled
one and the progenitor and protector of beings.
1. Marichi is one of the seven lights who makes their
manifestation in the beginning of the creation.These lights are called
the seven great rishis.They preside over the spectroscopy of the rays
of our sun.
2. The higher instinct to have control over the mind and the
senses is the effect of the Lord’s presence.
3. The divine swan is the one which bestows upon us the power to
discriminate things eternal from the manifestations of a fleeting
nature .It is described as a bird which separates milk from
water,takes in milk and leaves water.It is another form of ‘’soham’’,
the song which is the breath of life.It is the mantram which makes the
vital force pulsate to produce our respiration.
4. Suparna is the great eagle-god who carries the Lord on his
back in the form of a globe containing ambrosia.He denoted the
activity of the cerebro-spinal pulsation that conducts the heart beat
and looks to the welfare of the breath upto the tip of the nose.The
mystery that exists in the heart and makes the tip of the nose inhale
is the ambrosia which makes us live on this earth as beings.For this
reason,Gruda is represented by along nose resembling the beak of the
eagle with its inward curve.
5. Ananta or Adisesha,the first or the eternal serpent has the
slumbering in the muse of yogic consciousness amidst the coils of the
serpentine body.Lord Vishnu,the Lord of pervasion sleeps in the bed of
the body of Adisesha floating on the waves of the ocean of
eternity.Also the great serpent bears the burden of the whole earth on
the hood of his thousands heads.He is infact the great serpent is the
formula of the whole creation as the pontential or the coiled coil of
the Lord consciousness on the oneside and the totality of all the
forms of the universe on the other side.While the great serpent
represents the potential aspect of the Lord’s presence.The pair is in
fact the transcendence and the immanence of the Lord co-existing as
the created beings
6. The golden navel means the self-luminous golden egg of
Brahma’s manifestation in its beginning.It makes its appearance as the
whirlpool of stardust on the background of the great deed which of the
7. The firy aspiration is created from a solar system down to an
egoof the individual.It causes the urge to do penance in the hearts of
the human beings of this earth.Hence the urge is one form of the Lord.
8. Lotus is an ever unfolding principle of space as its
indicates the next stage, of the whirlpool.From this lotus,the Lord
makes his appearance as the Brahma,the four-faced creator along with
His creation,For this reason,the great Lord is described as slumbering
in the serpent with an unfolding lotus in his navel.
9. The prajapatis are the sons of theBrahma who were born as the
second set of his children.The first set are the Kumaras who represent
the existence of the spiritual intelligences of this creation form and
matter, who reproduce the whole creation every moment. Hence they are
the forms of the Lord Himself
COURTESY MASTER E.K
- Prev by Date: India's sick 'suffer needlessly'
- Next by Date: India's 1984 Anti-Sikh Riots: Waiting for Justice
- Previous by thread: India's sick 'suffer needlessly'
- Next by thread: Re: vishnu sahasra namam stanza- 21