Re: What are haldi and dhania powder? I am trying to collect all barley soup recipe including Haleem
- From: Wanderer <not@xxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Sat, 02 Aug 2008 04:33:24 GMT
What are haldi and dhania powder?
• 250 gms Mutton
• 1 Cup wheat
• A handful of soaked masoor dal
• A handful of soaked channa dal
• A handful of soaked moong dal
• 2 Fried onions
• 1 tsp Dhania powder
• 2 tsp Ginger-garlic paste
• 1 tsp Chili powder
• 4 tbsp Ghee
• 1/2 tsp Turmeric
• Salt to taste
How to make Haleem:
• Soak the wheat overnight, drain and pound.
• Heat 6-8 cups of water in a heavy-bottomed vessel.
• Add dal, wheat and mutton along with ginger-garlic paste, haldi,
dhania powder, red chili powder and salt when the water begins to
• Cook on low flame till the mutton turns tender.
• Mash the mutton.
• Add sliced and fried onion.
• Heat ghee and pour it over the Haleem.
• Haleem is ready. Sprinkle with lemon juice.
- Prev by Date: Re: What percent of people true to their work in some Indian cities
- Next by Date: Names of some common cooking ingredients in English, Hindi and tamil
- Previous by thread: What are haldi and dhania powder? I am trying to collect all barley soup recipe including Haleem
- Next by thread: Need Relationship Advice?