Re: Pahawh, the Hmong, Mong, Xiong, Seung, Hmao, Hmio, and Hmu alphabet

On Mar 2, 9:53 pm, tzexa...@xxxxxxx wrote:
The newest Pahawh version, which I revise, is the only Hmong writing
system that does not discriminate any Hmong dialect.   Spelling is the
same across all dialects.  Any one is welcome to be my subject.  Hope
that it will be published in two years.

Tzexa

Friend Txexa,
Interesting, I too, will learn and use it if it can unify all Hmong
dialects.

HL

  • Re: Not to mention hairy potters
    ... well-known and much-studied variable in American dialects. ... Variations in speech add more texture to life than spelling reform. ... German spelling gets tweaked every so often, ... related) spoken languages, and even within those spoken languages, ...
    (rec.arts.sf.written)
  • Re: Ahold of
    ... "got ahold of?" ... People who speak in dialects think in what sounds like the unaccented, ... spelling and pronunciation in English. ... "I am fixing to go to the store", meaning "I am about to go to the ...
    (rec.arts.sf.composition)
  • Re: Ahold of
    ... "got ahold of?" ... People who speak in dialects think in what sounds like the unaccented, ... World Spanish in my head when I speak Mexican, ... spelling and pronunciation in English. ...
    (rec.arts.sf.composition)
  • Re: Spelling and Pronunciation Divorced Only in English?
    ... consonant or a slender silent consonant. ... things that were silent in some dialects and audible in others. ... was a spelling reform at some stage that, among other things, tried to ...
    (alt.usage.english)
  • Re: OT: Translate into English
    ... critical of English for not simplifying spelling. ... some really weird mismatches in other dialects. ... Part of the problem for English, as I see it, is that the language has ... The written languages retain a very high degree of intelligibility, but the spoken languages do not. ...
    (alt.usage.english)