Re: Is Satan have equal authority as God?
- From: brushoff <mbrushoff@xxxxxxx>
- Date: Fri, 03 Aug 2007 21:58:04 -0700
On Aug 2, 9:48�am, All4One <jim_...@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Men created GOD and SATAN to control men. Without God and Satan, men
will destroy men and everything else in the way....compelete
anniliation of the human race!
On Aug 1, 9:53 am, chery...@xxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
Satan have limitation.
A. Satan is not self-existent. He is created.
· Satan rules a domain of demons, but he does not rule beyond the
bound of that confinement of rule which God has given him.
· Satan's chain stretches just so far and as God allows him to go. He
operates completely within the sphere of God's allowance (Job 1:12;
2:6; Luke 22:31-32).
B. Satan is not omnipotent (all-powerful). (I. John 4:4; Revelation
· Satan is an angel and angels don't know everything (I. Peter
· He is pretty good at predicting our behavior, because he's an expert
on human nature.
C. Satan is not omnipresent (everywhere at the same time).
· Being a creature that dwells on earth, Satan cannot be in more than
one place at a time. Job 1:7 makes it clear that Satan roams here and
· He was thrown to earth in a war with Michael and other angels and
lost his place in heaven (Revelation 12:8). If Satan can lose his
place, then he is not in every place.
· Satan is the head of a network of subordinate devils who make his
influence felt all over the earth (Matthew 12:24).
II. THE POWER OF SATAN OVER THOSE OUTSIDE OF CHRIST
A. Satan has the whole world of unbelievers under his control.
(Matthew 4:8-10; John 14:30; 1 John 5:19).
· Unbelievers belong to him and are his children (I. John 3:8, 10,
· He blinds the minds of the unbelieving (II. Corinthians 4:4).
· He prevents the gospel from entering their hearts (Matthew 13:19;
· Satan speaks through fortunetellers (Acts 16:16).
· Cult leaders (I. Timothy 4:1-2).
· False preachers (2 Corinthians 11: 13-15).
· He is the deceiver of the whole world (Revelation 12:8).
· His ultimate deception will be in the anti-Christ (II. Thessalonians
· Satan can control a person's body and cause muteness (Luke 11:14),
· Mental disorder (John 10:20)
· Violent action (Luke 8:26-29).
· Crippling (Luke 13:11, 16). In these examples Satan caused people to
be handicapped although there was nothing physically wrong with them.
III. SATAN'S POWER OVER BELIEVERS.
A. Satan tempts believers to
· Confuses the world as to what a Christian really is (I. John 4:1-6;
II. Peter 2).
· Lie (Acts 5:3).
· Immorality (I. Corinthians 7:5).
· Be preoccupied by the world (I. John 2:15; II. Timothy 4:10).
· Be proud (I. Timothy 3:6).
· Discouragement (I. Peter 5:6, 7, 10).
· Persecutes the Church (Revelation 2:10).
· Hinders our service (I. Thessalonians 2:18).
B. Jesus cast out demons as evidence of His victory over the prince
· The truth is that Satan is bound and he is powerless before the Son
of God (Mark 3:27).
· Christ has defeated Satan (John 12:31).
· He defeated Satan and all spiritual forces of evil at the cross
· Satan has fallen from the heavens (Luke 10:18).
C. Christians do not need to fear Satan, because
· Satan can only do to believers what God permits him to do (Job 1:12;
· In Christ we have been delivered from Satan's power (Colossians
1:13; Acts 26:18).
· God will not allow us to be tempted beyond our capacity (I.
· Christ keeps us safe and Satan cannot lay hold of the believer to
harm him (I. John 5:18).
· Demonic powers cannot separate us from God's love in Christ (Romans
· Those who are in Christ can overcome Satan (Revelation 12:11; Romans
· Greater is the One who is in us than Satan who is in the world (I.
· We can resist the devil and he will flee from us (James 4:7).
· The weapons that we have been given can pull down strongholds (II.
· If we use the armor of God, we have God's promise that we can take
our stand against the devil (Ephesians 6:11-13).- Hide quoted text -
- Show quoted text -
Mother Nature is bigger than both.
- Prev by Date: Re: Paj Lauj nyob Phonsavan xa xov rau cov niag tsovtom Hmoob Meskas
- Next by Date: Re: A piece of Laura's work
- Previous by thread: Re: Is Satan have equal authority as God?
- Next by thread: Subject: Satan's Meeting