Mainland to Hawaii by boat? Sustainable travel?

Hola all,

I'm hoping to travel (sustainably) to Hawaii sometime this year to work
for a few months on an organic farm of some kind...

Anyone got any ideas for getting from the mainland US to Hawaii
sustainably and cheaply?

I've had a few thoughts: Get a job on some kind of cruise ship, private
ship. Find a nice person with a private ship to ferry me. Swim. Etc.

It's looking like its going to be tricky, but flying there by plane
kind of defeats the object of good quality slow-time and sustainable
travel.

Many thanks if anyone can help,

Jack

.