Mainland to Hawaii by boat? Sustainable travel?

Hola all,

I'm hoping to travel (sustainably) to Hawaii sometime this year to work
for a few months on an organic farm of some kind...

Anyone got any ideas for getting from the mainland US to Hawaii
sustainably and cheaply?

I've had a few thoughts: Get a job on some kind of cruise ship, private
ship. Find a nice person with a private ship to ferry me. Swim. Etc.

It's looking like its going to be tricky, but flying there by plane
kind of defeats the object of good quality slow-time and sustainable
travel.

Many thanks if anyone can help,

Jack

  • Re: Mainland to Hawaii by boat? Sustainable travel?
    ... >> I'm hoping to travel to Hawaii sometime this year ... >> Anyone got any ideas for getting from the mainland US to Hawaii ... >> I've had a few thoughts: Get a job on some kind of cruise ship, ... Find a nice person with a private ship to ferry me. ...
    (soc.culture.hawaii)
  • Re: Mainland to Hawaii by boat? Sustainable travel?
    ... > I'm hoping to travel to Hawaii sometime this year to ... > Anyone got any ideas for getting from the mainland US to Hawaii ... > I've had a few thoughts: Get a job on some kind of cruise ship, ... Find a nice person with a private ship to ferry me. ...
    (soc.culture.hawaii)
  • Space from US to Hawaii?
    ... I'm planning to do travel to Hawaii sometime later this ... I figured it'll be fairly straightforward to get to the US by boat, ... Get a job on some kind of cruise ship, ...
    (rec.boats.cruising)
  • Re: Excursions on NCL Hawaii cruises - cheaper to purchase off-ship?
    ... Sorry, but I don't have a review of the Pride of Hawaii, but here is one I ... When we originally posted a photo album link to our Hawaii Cruise aboard ... they would like some type of review, or evaluation, of the ship itself. ...
    (rec.travel.cruises)
  • Re: unusual or beautiful places
    ... along with a link to my Hawaii photo album. ... Review: NCL's Pride of Aloha ... When we originally posted a photo album link to our Hawaii Cruise aboard ... they would like some type of review, or evaluation, of the ship itself. ...
    (rec.travel.cruises)