4 Jules: I told you so

Dear Jules and others:

Prior to departure to Haiti I asked so many black christians to pray
for Haitians, and often they rejected my call. I was amazed. Sometimes
they were rude and arrogant and I could not understand. So after
Katrina I wrote them and one of them responded:

Dara, this is another test that we as human beings are failing
miserably. As you begged for the Haitians, very few stepped up to
the plate and showed compansion and gave to their struggle. New
Orleans and Florida was also a test and look how we handled it.
People were days without food and we ate more than enough. It is
not a lot that us little people can do, but we can force our
gevernment to do their part. There is no way that our people are
starving on the streets because of a natural disaster and the
government is not stepping in to help. It depends on who you are as
to how fast and effective the action. Lord help us to realize our
purpose on this earh, which is to love one another as we love
ourselves.

--- In xyz@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Dara Shayda" <dara@xxxx>
wrote:
> Salaam
>
> Do you remember how many times I wrote for Haitians drowning in
> Gonaives, Haiti. Do you remember how many times I asked for
prayers?

> Now look at New Orleans, look at Florida.
>
> These are SIGNS to soften hearts away from materialism and to
attract
> out attention to our duties for others.
>
> So next time you see thousands of dead children killed or drown,
in
> some far away land, remember it can happen in US as easily it
happened
> there.
>
> --DARA

DEAR HAITIANS THE VALUE OF ONE POOR HAITIAN NOT EVEN HAVING WATER TO
DRINK IN GERSSIER OR LAOGANE EQUALS TO THE VALUE OF A WHITE OR BLACK
AMERICAN IN BOSTON OR CANADIAN IN TORONTO.

DONT BE ARROGANT OVER-VALUING YOUR SELF, AND DONT EVER LET ANYONE PUT
YOUR VALUE DOWN.

--DARA

  • U.S.-Haiti Immigration Policy Wins No Friends And Influences No People
    ... U.S.-Haiti Immigration Policy Wins No Friends And Influences No People ... Both of us made our first trip to Haiti about thirty-five years ago. ... since the Haitians generally have no ...
    (rec.audio.opinion)
  • Buckwheat Getting Ready to Cut & Run in Haiti...
    ... U.S. Forces Scale Back Haiti Relief Role ... thousands of American troops packed up their tents. ... Haitians, such as daytime air-traffic control at Port-au-Prince's ... Some now regard as heavy handed the emphasis on security after the ...
    (alt.politics)
  • What Haiti needs is Adam Smith
    ... What Haiti needs is Adam Smith ... I remember heading for a local blood bank. ... Haitians "off the land and into sweatshops." ...
    (soc.culture.haiti)
  • Bill Clintons Shameful Haiti Legacy
    ... Bill Clinton's Shameful Haiti Legacy ... Shacochis on how Clinton wasted a good invasion. ... Like many Haitians and not a few Americans who know the island and its ... invasion in 1994 adorned with 20,000 American troops, did not turn out ...
    (rec.music.gdead)
  • =?ISO-8859-1?Q?la_for=EAt_derriere_les_arbres_=3A_qu=27est_ce_qui_se_cac?= =?ISO-8859
    ... Anyone judging from the huge numbers of troops mobilised to Haiti ... priority of Haitians themselves, judging by the exceptional reports of ... It is no mystery that the US has lost ground in Latin America since ...
    (soc.culture.haiti)