Fiance Visa and Adjustment of Status Timeline and Experiences : Philippines : Gov.Ph : Forum

< More and others like it here at: >

http://www.gov.ph/forum/thread.asp?rootID=129372&catID=8

Dear Readers,

I'd like to share with you all my experiences when me and my husband
were processing my papers for my fiance visa and for my adjustment of
status. Currently, i'm now here in the US and happily married to my
fiance :-) :-) :-).

Here's my timeline:
Oct. 17, 2005 - sent my petition to USCIS
Oct. 19, 2005 - rcvd I-797C Notice of Action as receipt notice from
USCIS

Jan. 18, 2006 - rcvd I-797C Notice of Action as approval notice from
USCIS.

Feb. 01, 2006 - rcvd a letter from the National Visa Center indicating
that they've fwded my papers to the US Embassy in Manila

Mid April 2006 - rcvd my packet from the US Embassy in Manila with my
interview schedule

April 20, 2006 - undergone medical exam at St. Luke's extension
clinic. My orig medical exam schedule was on the last week of May (i
think May 25 or 27 yata yon) but i didn't follow it. Instead, i had my
medical exam earlier. I just brought with me the Appointment Letter
from the Embassy, my passport, 2x2 pics and of course pera!

May 30, 2006 - INTERVIEW!!! Right then and there you'll know that
you've passed although the interviewer will not tell you about it.
You'll just know kc he will tell you to pay for the Visa delivery fee.
The interview was very easy coz he will only ask you pertinent
questions abt you and your fiance. In my case, he just asked me my
fiance's father and mother's name, whether he's married or not and if
he lives alone or with his family. Btw, abt the pics that you have to
bring during the interview, just bring pics na kayong 2 lang kc yon
lang ang hihingiin ng mag-i-interview.

June 10, 2006 - received my Visa delivered by Delbros.

June Mid week - attended CFO seminar

June 25, 2006 - Travel to the US of A with my fiance

July 29, 2006 - got married :-) :-) :-)

Sept. 6, 2006 - sent my I-485 Adjustment of Status and I-765
Employment Authorization applications

Sept. 13, 2006 - rcvd a notice from USCIS for the receipt of my
application

Sept. 15, 2006 - rcvd a notice fr USCIS for my Biometrics schedule

sept. 27, 2006 - had my Biometrics taken

Oct. 3, 2006 - rcvd a letter of request for further evidence (RFE)

Oct. 16, 2006 - sent out the requirements indicated in the RFE

Oct. 26, 2006 - rcvd a letter from USCIS indicating the transfer of my
papers from the National Benefits Center to the California Service
Center

Nov. 8, 2006 - got an email from USCIS indicating the Approval of my
Adjustment of Status and that they will be sending my green card
soon :-)

Nov. 9, 2006 - got another email from USCIS telling me that they have
just sent my WELCOME LETTER :-) :-) :-)Hmmm...no interview needed na
siguro ang papers ko coz usually may interview pa ito before ka ma-
approve.

To all of you who are now waiting for their papers/application...BE
PATIENT! Yong patience na na-develop ninyo habang naghihintay ng
approval sa I-129F at habang hinihintay ang iba pang papers at
interview ay kakailanganin ninyo yan kapag nandito na kayo sa US. When
you arrive here in the US...you can't work...can't drive...in other
words stuck ka dito sa bahay until such time that you'll be given a
green card. In my case, it was a very difficult situation for me coz
i'm not used to not working...after 9.5 yrs!

Lastly, i'd like to give you this tip that was told to me by a friend.
He said that the Fiance Visa Petition once approved by the USCIS here
in the US will automatically get an approval from the US Embassy. Why?
Coz it's the right of their citizen to petition and marry their
fiance. Sabi nga nya na ang Fiance Visa daw ang pinaka-hate na hate ng
US Embassy na uri ng petition kc di nila ito basta-basta idi-deny
unlike the Tourist Visa unless na lang siguro na may maging major
palpak ka during the interview process.

So long for now and i hope that what i've shared with you all will be
useful. If you have specific question related to this matter that you
would like to ask, just post it here and i'll try to answer it the
best i can.

-Clara

.