Re: Best Male & Female Filipino(a) Singer?

"tumbaga" <tanso@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
Sylvia Knörr wrote:
"tumbaga" <tanso@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
Sylvia Knörr wrote:

Filipinos had always held that performance gig as the best in Asia.

Maybe it's because Filipino musicians do not only play their thing,
they
also know how to connect with the audience.

Connecting with the audience, yes, you play for them, so you play them!

Exactly. There is always interaction, and after a while the audience and
musicians are like a big family. That's quite different from some
European
bands I saw - some were so aloof, almost like robots. I prefer musicians
of
flesh and blood. ;-)

Oh, you noticed that, yes, that is why Filipino bands are always in
demand everywhere, they know how to play the audience.

If I had to hire a band for a garden party, I would choose a Pinoy band
anytime. Too bad that original Pinoy musicians rarely play in Germany. They
could add a LOT to the local music scene.

Hidden Gems Piggy

  • Re: Finding band borders on the surreal
    ... >>> Without musicians to play what other people wrote, ... >> A lot of musicians play the songs they wrote. ... I was thinking of say a drummer who's a member of a band as opposed to ...
    (alt.guitar.bass)
  • Re: RMB musicians?
    ... musicians. ... Can you tell me what instruments you play, ... Our band has one fellow that can do a pretty good scream, and can sing like a school marm. ...
    (rec.music.beatles)
  • Re: RMB musicians?
    ... musicians. ... Can you tell me what instruments you play, ... Our band has one fellow that can do a pretty good scream, and can sing like a school marm. ...
    (rec.music.beatles)
  • Re: The "draw" and a missing link
    ... A lot of non musicians want to play like us, enjoy watching people play, ... Perhaps if you do not even want to watch your own band and think you are ... each bar in which we worked. ...
    (alt.guitar.bass)
  • Re: I Know Everything!
    ... But I do miss playing in a good band and the people enjoying it. ... there are a few tunes that everyone plays that I would ... until musicians of the same mind want to join. ... and play there. ...
    (alt.guitar)