Re: Taxi Fare - Manila Airport to US Embassy

No, there probably are no other airports around the world that do so.
However, the system now in place at NAIA and NAIA2 is light years better
than what was available before - with "metered" taxis. The fare to the US
Embassy is probably around P450 or so. The fare a few months ago had been a
stable P350, but with the gasoline price increases the companies available
(Nissan, Avis, etc.) have taken it as carte blanche to raise fares
substantially.

In February my hubby told the driver at the end of the ride that he was
going to give a substantial tip - but the increase in prices took that away.
I am sure that was painful for the driver but hubby apparently was trying to
make a point - albeit the hard way.

If you have family or friends who could get a taxi for you then you could
meet them outside of the (horrible) visitors waiting area, the one that has
letters A-D, and E-H, etc., for the various gates. Our experience has been
that if your family does that then you have to give a big tip to the metered
taxi driver plus reimbursement for the parking fees, waiting time, etc. It's
too much hassle.

It is interesting that from the Malate/Ermita area to the airport the fares
are around P125 to P175, depending on traffic around Baclaran, etc. That is
far cheaper than the ride from the airport.