Re: Emergency declared in Philippines
- From: "Cheeze" <csmarasigan@xxxxxxxxx>
- Date: 26 Feb 2006 03:18:21 -0800
Chris Blunt wrote:
On 24 Feb 2006 10:50:00 -0800, a.manansala@xxxxxxxxx wrote:
Anyone know anything more about the military officers named in the
supposed coup attempt? Do they have any known associations?
I have my doubts as to whether there really was any genuine coup
attempt. I suspect the whole thing may have been orchestrated by the
government in cooperation with senior AFP members to justify giving
itself special emergency powers which they will now use to suppress
opposition to GMA.
I've been hearing through the grapevine that there really was a coup
attempt. But your opinion is very plausible that I find myself
doubting what I hear.
- Prev by Date: Re: Landslide Slams Village, 1,500 Missing
- Next by Date: Re: FINALLY NORMAN G. OWEN'S BOOK
- Previous by thread: Re: Emergency declared in Philippines
- Next by thread: Report from Time Asia: Re: Emergency declared in Philippines