Re: Freddie Aguilar and April Boy Regino

"patricia javier" <sylviapatis@xxxxxxxxx> schrieb im Newsbeitrag

> interesting. well the topic of the song which is the parents fear
> and love for their kid future is universal.

Your Pinoy mind makes you think it's universal, but like I just told in my
reply to Cheeze - this topic was unheard of in German or English songs I
knew before. There are zillions of songs about what happens between lovers,
but do you know of ANY non-Pinoy song with a similar topic as "Anak"? Zero!

> i get the feeling thu that ka freddie has bob marley almost status
> in some countries.

Maybe in the Philippines, but in Germany only few ever noticed him. Of
course, the percentage of those who know him increased dramatically in and
around my hometown Heidelberg. :-))

Full Volume Car Speakers Piggy

  • Re: Die Gedanken Sind Frei
    ... It was certainly not this noble song from the ... German tradition, the lyrics for which go back to 1780. ... Die Gedanken sind frei ...
    (soc.culture.jewish)
  • German Festival Snubs Rock Band For Lampooning God
    ... German Festival Snubs Rock Band For Lampooning God ... Thursday, March 16, will shun the country's top rock band over a song ...
    (soc.culture.pakistan)
  • German Festival Snubs Rock Band For Lampooning God
    ... German Festival Snubs Rock Band For Lampooning God ... Thursday, March 16, will shun the country's top rock band over a song ...
    (soc.culture.iranian)
  • Re: Se io maccorgo
    ... It's an Italian song, ... manuscript was compiled by a German merchant who ... various attributions to Galileo Galilei, ...
    (rec.music.classical.guitar)
  • OT: Mexico Furious over German Finger in Butt Hit
    ... A German song that is riding high on the country's charts has ruffled diplomatic feathers as a result of its mixing of geographic and scatological issues. ... But the singer of "Finger in the Butt, ... Krause does not understand what the big stink is about. ...
    (alt.fan.letterman)