Re: Holiday economics is it unique to the Pinas?
- From: "Sylvia Knörr" <sylvia.knoerr_NoSpam_@xxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Fri, 2 Sep 2005 04:44:55 +0200
"H Dickmann" <HERPEM@xxxxxxxxxxx> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
> "Sylvia Knörr" <sylvia.knoerr_NoSpam_@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
> > "kurakot" <kurakot@xxxxxxxxxx> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
> > news:LbQQe.335548$s54.30522@xxxxxxxxxxx
> >> "Sylvia Knörr" <sylvia.knoerr_NoSpam_@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
> >> news:df0892$4el$00$1@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
> >> > When and what kind of holiday is "Boxing Day"?
> >> wimmen's shopping festival in north america
> > Then they come home with lots of boxes full of new clothes. Is it that
> > what
> > lead to calling that day "BOXING day"? :-)
> Boxing day is an English term. It is the day when the Queen ( King ) gives
> presents "Boxes"to all the servants.
That means, every citizen of the British Empire gets a present from the
Queen? What a nice tradition! What did she give you last Christmas? ;-)
English Tea Piggy
- Prev by Date: Evacuation plan (Re: Mt. Pinatubo - proud or not?)
- Next by Date: Re: Greed (Re: I am proud to be from Davao)
- Previous by thread: Re: philippine capitalism from the pinas commie perspective
- Next by thread: Re: Drug use (Re: Rebel yell)