"Ladies" and their Gang of 50 fallen off the radar?

Ever since Cuban Catholic Archbishop Jaime Ortega pronounced the case
closed on the "Ladies" so-called political prisoners -- their Gang of
50 -- coverage of the "Ladies'" antics has fallen close to zero in the
mainstream media. Coincidence?

See: "'Ladies' praying for freedom of terrorists and spies -- Amnesty
International and the Church aren't buying it" at
https://groups.google.com/group/soc.culture.cuba/msg/0c879caee0f126d1?hl=en

Dan
Visit my CUBA: Issues & Answers website at its new home:
http://www3.sympatico.ca/danchristienses/CubaFAQ.html

  • The =?UTF-8?B?UG9wZeKAmXMgVmlzaXQgdG8gQ3ViYTogRXhwZWN0YXRpb25zIGE=?= =?UTF-8?B?bmQgUG9zc2lia
    ... The Pope’s Visit to Cuba: ... This news which was published at the beginning of November has aroused numerous expectations and possibilities. ... More than a half of the Catholic Church one thousand million members live in Latin America so the visit of the Supreme Pastor of the Catholic Church is always a momentous event that does not leave indifferent either the visited Church or the civilian authorities or a great part of the people that declares itself a believer from a Christian matrix. ... That is why whether we want it or not, every visit of one Pope has a religious dimension and another political and social dimension. ...
    (soc.culture.cuba)
  • Re: Cuba makes new restrictions on home churches
    ... Just that there is repression of the Catholic church you mean. ... Please quote the Pope saying the Church is repressed in Cuba. ... Lots of messages from the Roman hierachy comrade Dan: ... It seems you just needed a new lie as the old ones wear thin. ...
    (soc.culture.cuba)
  • Oswaldo Pay: Example and Legacy
    ... Oswaldo Pay: Example and Legacy / IntraMuros, ... I try, although still moved by the immediacy, to outline what this loss and this gain has meant to Cuba, its present and its future. ... Gain, because nothing is lost and everything is gained and the depths of the earth when a good seed falls in the furrow of life, to bring forth more fruits. ... Those were the days when we were discriminated against just for going to Church and declaring in our school records whether or not we were believers. ...
    (soc.culture.cuba)
  • Soul Searching: The Catholic Church and Human Rights in Cuba
    ... Last month's visit of the Holy See's foreign minister, Monsignor Dominique Mamberti, to Cuba highlighted the historically uneasy relationship between the Cuban government and the nation's Catholic Church. ... The acceptance of the Castro government by religious leaders has continued to benefit the cause of human rights and free expression on the island. ...
    (soc.culture.cuba)
  • Re: Cuba makes new restrictions on home churches
    ... By which comrade Dan means that he desperately wants to hide his true views: ... There is no freedom of speech in Cuba and any and all publication of the ... God church in the area, to the local police station for interrogation. ... It seems you just needed a new lie as the old ones wear thin. ...
    (soc.culture.cuba)