Re: The Ghosts Of Eastern Europe Haunt Cuba
- From: Fred <fred@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Wed, 28 May 2008 07:47:34 -0400
On Wednesday 28 May 2008 06:52, PL wrote:
The Ghosts Of Eastern Europe Haunt CubaAnd so the lies start again. All Cubans have the opportunity to meet
How Raul Castro Is Steering The Island Nation In A Post-Fidel World
HAVANA, May 26, 2008
(CBS) By CBS News correspondent Elizabeth Palmer.
When Raul Castro took over as Cuba's President in February, he began
to amend some of the out-of date policies established by his brother
Fidel. He also made it clear more changes were coming.
However, Cuba's rigid state-controlled media doesn't allow for any
genuine public discussion of these changes (which would have to
include the voices of suppressed dissidents).
at least weekly in the mass organisations and criticise their
politicians. The media are allowed to print whatever they want as long
as they are not taking money from foreign agents to print lies and
- Prev by Date: Castro's Stinging Endorsement
- Next by Date: Sin Cuba, en efecto, hubiese sido imposible la cristalización de las luchas por la nueva independencia americana
- Previous by thread: The Ghosts Of Eastern Europe Haunt Cuba
- Next by thread: Re: The Ghosts Of Eastern Europe Haunt Cuba