What about a petition against the genocidal trade sanctions?
- From: Dan Christensen <dchris@xxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Fri, 9 May 2008 12:52:34 -0700 (PDT)
On May 9, 4:32 am, PL <pl.nos...@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
I didn't see anything there about lifting the US embargo. What gives,
Mr. Lobbyist? This is by far the worst violation of human rights in
Cuba -- outside the US naval base in Guantanamo anyway. Under the
terms of Article 2c of the UN Genocide Convention, your beloved
embargo can even be seen as a form of the genocide. (See "Is the US
embargo a form of genocide?" at my website.) And as Amnesty
International has reported at their website:
"Amnesty International has called for the US embargo against Cuba to
be lifted, as it is highly detrimental to Cubans' enjoyment of a range
of economic, social and cultural rights, such as the right to food,
health and sanitation - particularly affecting the weakest and most
vulnerable members of the population. According to UNICEF, the
availability of medicines and basic medical materials has decreased in
Cuba as a consequence of the US embargo against the island."
Makes you proud, don't it, America?
Visit my CUBA: Issues & Answers website at http://www.netcom.ca/~dchris/CubaFAQ.html
- Prev by Date: Wanted Terrorist Honored In Miami
- Next by Date: Envían mensaje a Fidel filósofos de 28 países
- Previous by thread: Re: Please join the world in a petition for the freedom of political prisoners in Cuba and the support of human rights.
- Next by thread: Re: Please join the world in a petition for the freedom of political prisoners in Cuba and the support of human rights.