Re: Cuba: Communism on verge of collapse, says dissident
- From: Dan Christensen <dchris@xxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Sat, 22 Mar 2008 22:08:44 -0700 (PDT)
On Mar 22, 10:04 am, PL <pl.nos...@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Cuba: Communism on verge of collapse, says dissident
Armando Valladares, writer and political activist, is in Italy to
present the new edition of his most famous work, Against All Hope: a
Memoir of Life in Castro's Gulags."
The Strange Case of the "Dissident," Armando Valladares
To give just one example of the machinations of the US propaganda
machine, Noam Chomsky, in his book, Media Control, writes about one of
the most famous Cuban "dissident" exiles and US media darlings,
Armando Valladares and his equally famous prison "memoirs." One of
Batista's former henchman convicted of placing bombs in a public
place, he was portrayed by media and human rights groups as some kind
of romantic figure -- a prison poet -- confined to a wheelchair as a
result of abuse suffered in prison. He was miraculously "cured" the
day of his release from prison, and soon afterwards, was appointed by
Ronald Reagan as US representative to the UN Human Rights Commission.
There he quickly distinguished himself as an apologist for human
rights violations on a massive scale perpetrated by US-backed regimes
in Guatemala and El Salvador.
Visit my CUBA: Issues & Answers website at http://www.netcom.ca/~dchris/CubaFAQ.html
- Prev by Date: Re: PL = Paid Lobbyist?
- Next by Date: Re: PL = Paid Lobbyist? Dan Christensen shameless liar!
- Previous by thread: Cuba: Communism on verge of collapse, says dissident
- Next by thread: Re: Cuba: Communism on verge of collapse, says dissident