Re: Payá critica la política de España

On Sep 18, 4:20 am, "PL" <pl.nos...@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

[snipping portions of PL's posting already debunked here, or too lame
to bother with]

"As Cubans we do not accept that another country or group of countries
impose its rules on the lives of our people, neither with unjust
pressure nor economic isolation, be they embargos, sanctions or other
types of measures. (snip)

and he supports the EU sanctions as just and only has asked for an end
to the US sanctions on food and medicines to be lifted.
The remaining sanctions are supposed to be part of the negotiations
between the US and the regime as it changes.

That's our Mr. Lobbyist in nutshell for you, folks!

Indeed: stating exactly what Mr. Paya said:

Los Estados Unidos de América, como primer paso urgente, deben levantar
el Embargo a Cuba, en materias de medicinas y alimentos, sin condiciones e
iniciar un proceso ágil para eliminar el Embargo y las leyes conocidas como
"Torricelli" y "Helms Burton".

My translation: "The United States of America, as a first urgent step,
should lift the Embargo on Cuba, with respect to medicines and food,
without conditions, and initiate a process to quickly eliminate the
Embargo and the laws known as 'Torricelli' and 'Helms Burton.'"

That was in 2001. Today, for practical purposes anyway, we see that
even the embargo on food and medicine has not been lifted. According
to official US stats, food imports to Cuba amounted to no more about 8
cents worth of food (at world market prices) per Cuban per day. Even
it were given freely, it would not have made much difference to the
average Cuban. This paltry sum has actually been decreasing since 2004
when the Bush regime first set out to choke off even this limited
trade with unprecedented financial restrictions and harrassing foreign
banks who facilitate this perfectly legal trade. The genocidal intent
of the regime has never been more clear. (See featured article, "Is
the US embargo a form of genocide?" at my website.)

As for quickly eliminating the embargo as Paya demanded in 2001, the
Bush regime has done just the opposite -- it has actually strengthened
the embargo! I guess that's why, in July of this year, he reiterated
his condemnation of your beloved embargo saying:

"As Cubans we do not accept that another country or group of countries
impose its rules on the lives of our people, neither with unjust
pressure nor economic isolation, be they embargos, sanctions or other
types of measures. We support civilized dialogue between Cuba and any
other country with the condition of respect for the dignity and self-
determination of every nation." (SCC archives)

I know it pisses you off, but that is your problem, Mr. Lobbyist.

Interested readers should see featured article, "Do Cuban dissidents
support the US embargo?" at my website.

Dan
Visit my CUBA: Issues & Answers website at http://www.netcom.ca/~dchris/CubaFAQ.html

.