What would happen if you give a bunch of bananas to a bunch of monkeys?

Well, consider the monkeys are wise... They would share, say, 10
bananas among 10 monkeys and enjoy peace. Now some of the monkeys want
the lion's share of the bananas and some monkeys go hungry. War
follows.

Now consider that all the monkeys don't DESERVE the same amount, but
no one goes hungry. Fine. This is an imperfect world. It could be
argued that this could drive COMPETITION in a healthy way without the
monkeys getting too comfortable. Everybody must chip in according to
their capacity...

Isn't it funny this experiment has never been tried? I find it very
suspicious.

  • black monkey white monkey
    ... "High quality and consistency of bananas collection at the wide area ... plantations are only possible when the big masses of black monkeys are ... Some of the black monkeys ... sooner or later come to the white monkey saying: ...
    (sci.research.careers)
  • Re: Juggling on LSD anyone?
    ... Ewano wrote some stuff about monkeys and bananas: ... I'm guessing that you peel from the ... if i peel from the stem end, i can eat the fruit and then throw away the ...
    (rec.juggling)
  • Re: What would happen if you give a bunch of bananas to a bunch of monkeys?
    ... bananas among 10 monkeys and enjoy peace. ... the lion's share of the bananas and some monkeys go hungry. ... War ...
    (soc.senior.issues)
  • Re: Otherworldliness
    ... opening bananas at the stalk end and winding Hoover flexes in a circular ... No, you don't squeeze the banana, you squeeze the tip. ... first time in my life AFAICR). ... And what's the argument about doing it the same way that monkeys do it? ...
    (alt.usage.english)
  • Re: Werent "Daily Show" and "Colbert" very much scripted?
    ... Colon = shift + semi-colon. ... Just how it is on this keyboard - don't know that it should be strange. ... Natch, 500 of the monkeys will be correcting grammar, 200 monkeys would be ... debating the value of top-selling bananas over the best-reviewed bananas ...
    (rec.arts.tv)