Re: Relatives of Chinese Dissidents Look on as Yahoo Execs Endure Scorn and Ridicule on Capitol Hill

Here's the info about Shi Tao:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shi_Tao

On Nov 18, 12:21 am, "ltl...@xxxxxxxxxxx" <ltl...@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On Nov 18, 12:01 am, "abianc...@xxxxxxxxxxx" <abianc...@xxxxxxxxxxx>
wrote:

In China, it seems that higher percentage of info are classified so it
will be more difficult to remain innocent.

In the case Shi Tao, I don't know what information was getting him
into trouble. I hadn't read the court decision and I had no idea what
state secret was involved
This is why I raised the question.

A compariable question about the US system is "Timothy McVeigh rent a
truck
and Timothy McVeigh got executed." The statement is factual. However,
the juxta-
position of the two facts 1.) Timothy McVeigh rent a truck and 2.)
Timothy McVeigh got executed will lead many to falsely concluded that
Timothy McVeigh
was executed because he had rented a truck. This would then give
people who
are ignorant about the case the false impression that the American
system is terrible.

:^))