Re: Long lines, empty shelves are signs of times at food banks
- From: "Frank Arthur" <Art@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Fri, 28 Nov 2008 18:30:18 -0500
No shortage of filled shelves with
toys,games,sports,electronics,gadgets, clothes & jewelry in throngs of
people in shopping malls demonstrating their Christianity.
<chriseric777@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
Long lines, empty shelves and Thanksgiving chickens are just a few
symptoms of the economic downturn's effect on food banks and
pantries across the country.
People are turning to charitable organizations for their
meal this year in record numbers, while donations have dropped
significantly and funding has been slashed.
Charity organizers across the country say the lagging economy has
forced individual donors to keep money to themselves, while
that usually donate are struggling to stay afloat.
- Prev by Date: Hillier discusses life after the Forces, the military's future
- Next by Date: Watching the White House Take Shape
- Previous by thread: Hillier discusses life after the Forces, the military's future
- Next by thread: Watching the White House Take Shape