Cambodian PM Hun Sen expressed his deep regret over the death of Keng Vannsak, inventor of the Khmer typewriter keyboard
- From: Chim <ChimS1@xxxxxxx>
- Date: Tue, 23 Dec 2008 04:20:48 -0800 (PST)
Cambodian PM regrets death of Khmer typewriter keyboard inventor
December 23, 2008
Cambodian Prime Minister Hun Sen expressed his deep regret on Monday
over the death of Keng Vannsak, inventor of the Khmer typewriter
Vannsak just died at 83 years old of pneumonia in a hospital at the
outskirts of Paris, where he had lived since the 1970s. His funeral
will be held there on Tuesday.
"I was so regretful that we lost a famous intellectual of our
country," Hun Sen told the graduation ceremony of a university.
"Grandfather Keng Vannsak told me in a recent letter that he had the
plan to visit Cambodia," he said, adding that he had never returned to
Cambodia since the 1970s.
Vannsak invented the Khmer typewriter keyboard in 1952 and was also
known as a politician, Khmer-language teacher and scholar, poet,
composer and historian.
- Prev by Date: Foreign tourist arrivals to Cambodia up 7.4 percent for the last 11 months of 2008
- Next by Date: Key members of Thailand's Cabinet
- Previous by thread: Foreign tourist arrivals to Cambodia up 7.4 percent for the last 11 months of 2008
- Next by thread: Key members of Thailand's Cabinet