The first expo for Cambodia's banking and finance industry will be held February 19-20
- From: Chim <ChimS1@xxxxxxx>
- Date: Mon, 8 Dec 2008 06:11:01 -0800 (PST)
First banking, finance expo set for February
Written by Nguon Sovan
Monday, 08 December 2008
The first expo for Cambodia's banking and finance industry will be
held February 19-20, an organiser said Sunday.
Ouk Chipphal, project manager of International Data Group (IDG), told
the Post that the IDG, in cooperation with the National Information
Communications Technology Development Authority, will host the expo at
the NagaWorld Hotel.
"The expo will be a chance for bankers to show their customers about
the latest and most sophisticated technology used in banking services
and products for customers," Ouk Chipphal said.
He said that about 30 booths will be installed for the displays of
banking and microfinance products.
"Banks will be required to pay US$500 for each booth," Ouk Chipphal
said. "We expect to see about 1,500 visitors and 300 people from the
banking and finance sector."
Tal Nay Im, director general of the National Bank of Cambodia, said
Sunday that the expo is a good sign of the progress made by
Cambodia's banking and finance sector.
- Prev by Date: Re: Former Cambodian monarch says his health is deteriorating
- Next by Date: Cambodia spends nearly US$30 million on chemical sprays every year, many of which are illegal in the countries where they are manufactured
- Previous by thread: Report Gives Obama Advice on Handling Genocide Threats
- Next by thread: Cambodia spends nearly US$30 million on chemical sprays every year, many of which are illegal in the countries where they are manufactured