Keo Ramy, vice president of Cambodia's second largest opposition party defected to CPP
- From: Chim <ChimS1@xxxxxxx>
- Date: Tue, 7 Oct 2008 06:14:18 -0700 (PDT)
Senior opposition party leader defects to Cambodia's major ruling
October 07, 2008
Keo Ramy, vice president of Cambodia's second largest opposition
party, here Tuesday defected to major ruling Cambodian People's Party
"I decide to join CPP after I have opposed it for over 20 years," said
the 45-year-old former leader of the Human Right Party (HRP). "We have
opposed CPP for our whole lives, but we will not win CPP."
"We can see that through the general election on July 27. CPP won 90
of the 123 seats at the National Assembly. More (and more) people
support CPP and I follow the decision of people," he added.
During the election, HRP won three seats, but Ramy failed to secure a
seat as candidate for the Phnom Penh electoral constituency.
Ramy once served the co-ruling Funcinpec Party and the major
opposition Sam Rainsy Party and later joined his friends to establish
- Prev by Date: New Thai PM Somchai Wongsawat reaffirmed his visit to Cambodia inspite of turmoil
- Next by Date: CAMBODIA: Coastal development threatens livelihoods
- Previous by thread: New Thai PM Somchai Wongsawat reaffirmed his visit to Cambodia inspite of turmoil
- Next by thread: CAMBODIA: Coastal development threatens livelihoods