Malayan Banking Bhd (Maybank) has opened a second branch in Cambodia as part of its strategy to grow
- From: Chim <ChimS1@xxxxxxx>
- Date: Tue, 18 Mar 2008 07:32:05 -0700 (PDT)
Maybank Opens Second Branch In Cambodia
KUALA LUMPUR, March 18 (Bernama) -- Malayan Banking Bhd (Maybank) has
opened a second branch in Cambodia as part of its strategy to grow its
international network as well as to make inroads into the domestic
markets where Maybank is present, a statement from the bank said here
Located in Teukthla, Phnom Penh, the branch will add to the bank's
main branch in Phnom Penh, opened in December 1993.
Maybank senior executive vice president and head of International
Business, Lim Hong Tat said, "The new branch will enable the bank to
play a bigger role in the Cambodian financial services sector which
offers exciting potential as well as to better support its
"Our second branch in Cambodia will give us better reach and enable us
to tap further into the consumer market."
"This is the line with the banks objective to expand our consumer
franchise beyond Singapore and the Philippines, where we have a strong
presence and we would soon be rolling-out automobile financing
products in Vietnam through our branches in Hanoi and Ho Chi Minh
"The second branch also will enable us to support our customers from
Malaysia, Singapore and other regional locations who have trade and
investment links with Cambodia."
"We are very positive about the Cambodian economy and are planning to
open another four branches in the next two years," said Tat.
The bank has seen strong growth in its Cambodian operations, chalking
up significant growth in loans and deposits.
It started offering housing loans in January this year.
- Prev by Date: China's soft power leaves Asia soft-spoken on Tibet
- Next by Date: Elixir Gaming Technologies to Report Fourth Quarter Results on March 27 and Host Conference Call and Webcast
- Previous by thread: China's soft power leaves Asia soft-spoken on Tibet
- Next by thread: Elixir Gaming Technologies to Report Fourth Quarter Results on March 27 and Host Conference Call and Webcast