Re: Desecration of King's Pictures in Kampong Speu

This incident shows how some people feel about kings in Cambodia.

"Chim" <ChimS1@xxxxxxx> wrote in message
> Desecration of King's Pictures in Kampong Speu
> Reaksmey Heng
> Phnom Penh, Cambodia
> 23/12/2005
>
> King's, Queen's pictures burned at La-Ngim primary school (photo by
> Khemara)
> Former King Sihanouk, King Sihamoni and Queen Monineath have not
> reacted to the news about the desecration of their pictures at a Lngim
> primary school in Oral town, Kampong Speu province Monday, say the
> royal family and the royal palace officials.
>
> Eye witnesses told VOA a group of unknown men broke the school's locks
> and burned the pictures on the wall, along with some proverbs and
> mottos along the walls.
>
> Kampong Speu officials who vow to hunt for the perpetrators and punish
> them say there has been no arrest yet and they are still investigating.
>

> Prince Ranariddh, National Assembly president, FUNCINPEC party leader,
> former King Sihanouk's son, and King Sihamoni's half-brother, says that
> he investigates the incident closely and does not think that people
> burn the King's pictures, but rather that they burned the school and
> some documents, and the pictures happen to be in the school.
>
> But Lngim village chief Huor Khom says that the pictures were burned
> and some documents not the school.
>
> National Assembly's first Vice President Heng Samrin regrets the action
> and wants the authorities to punish those who are responsible.
>
> Opposition Sam Rainsy party lawmaker Keo Remy says that the Kings are
> protected by the Constitution and any violation on the Kings, whether
> former or present Kings, intentionally or unintentionally, is a
> desecration and should be punished by law.

  • Re: Photo Retouching
    ... Willie Lewis wrote: ... I would love to know more about how u retored those pictures, ... Multiplayer Online Games ... href=http://www.stephenyong.com/kingsofchaos.htm>Kings of chaos ...
    (rec.photo.digital)
  • Re: Text to columns question
    ... the ancient capital of Scotland ... and the crowning place of kings ... concatenated the two columns that contained the school name into one ...
    (microsoft.public.excel)
  • STUPID BRITAIN
    ... Simon Heffer on Saturday ... Only an 'alleged' drug dealer, ... A couple of years ago, a 14-year-old schoolboy, Robert Hooks, was accused by his school, Churston Ferrers Grammar in Devon, of dealing in cannabis. ... I fear that that would also have been rather generous, Mr Kings. ...
    (uk.politics.misc)