Melon causes Cambodia truck crash; 1 dead, 30 hurt
- From: "Chim" <ChimS1@xxxxxxx>
- Date: 7 Jul 2005 06:30:17 -0700
PHNOM PENH, July 7 (Reuters) - A melon caused a Cambodian truck to
overturn, killing one person and injuring 30, officials said on
The melon rolled under the truck's brake pedal and the vehicle
overturned as the driver tried to unjam it, they said.
The overloaded truck, which crashed on Wednesday, was carrying workers,
fruits and vegetables from a local market in the remote and hilly
northeastern province of Mondulkiri.
"The driver could not use the brake to slow the truck," policeman Ieng
Tum told Reuters by telephone.
"The truck overturned as the driver was trying to get the fruit out
from under the pedal brake," he said.
07/07/05 04:36 ET
Copyright 2005 Reuters Limited. All rights reserved. Republication or
redistribution of Reuters content, including by framing or similar
means, is expressly prohibited without the prior written consent of
Reuters. Reuters shall not be liable for any errors or delays in
content, or for any actions taken in reliance thereon. All active
hyperlinks have been inserted by AOL.
- Prev by Date: Indigenous people barred from town to protest Cambodian-Chinese plantation
- Next by Date: Malaysia's human rights commission seeks crackdown on women trafficking
- Previous by thread: Indigenous people barred from town to protest Cambodian-Chinese plantation
- Next by thread: Malaysia's human rights commission seeks crackdown on women trafficking