Re: Cash only in Burma?

On Tue, 18 Apr 2006 22:16:48 -0400, Viator <Viator@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
wrote:

I've heard that since 2003 American credit cards and debit cards are
not accepted in Burma? Is that true?

Would it be possible to set up an account, say, in a Canadian bank
then use that card to draw funds in a Burmese bank (presumably in
kyat)? Would that be away of avoiding coming into the country trying
to carry as much cash as you think you'd need?

  • Re: How to deposit US$ in Paypal from Canada?
    ... from Canada to my Paypal account without the 2.5% slice Paypal takes? ... Or, better yet, you can open an account with a US bank that is a subsidiary of a Canadian bank and they generally have free transfers between your US-based account and your Canadian-based US dollars account with that bank. ... Anyway, to more directly answer your question, transfers between PayPal and a bank account at a branch located in Canada must be in Canadian dollars. ...
    (alt.marketing.online.ebay)
  • Re: The Speed of Glass
    ... .....and half as fast as I can transfer US $ into a Canadian bank ... account. ... I tink we hoid ya da foist time. ...
    (rec.crafts.glass)
  • Re: The Speed of Glass
    ... that's almost as fast as Brady can solder. ... ......and half as fast as I can transfer US $ into a Canadian bank ... account. ...
    (rec.crafts.glass)