Re: FREE Myanmar font downloads ? [WinMyanmar]

=====000=====

[2]

On Monday, March 20, 2006, I downloaded WinMyanmar font from
http://www.myanmars.net/winmyanmar/, and installed on my computer.

I tried to use it with my Microsoft Office Word 2003.

My computer is HP Pavilion a1130n (3500+ AMD Athlon 64 Processor, 1.0 GB
PC3200 DDR SDRAM memory, 250GB 7200RPM Serial ATA Hard Drive, Windows XP
Professional Media Center Edition).

What I found out was this:
The WinMyanmar keyboard layout
(http://www.myanmars.net/winmyanmar/win-keyboard-big.htm)
and my HP keyboard layout (which is somewhat like this:
http://savestarvingstudents.tripod.com/index_files/image097.jpg)
have some differences.

WinMyanmar keyboard has 14 keys (` 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 0 - =) and 1 bar
(Backspace bar) on the uppermost row.
My keyboard has 13 keys (` 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 0 - =) and 1 bar (Backspace
bar) on the same row.

WinMyanmar keyboard has 1 bar (Tab bar) and 12 keys (q w e r t y u i o p
[ ]) on the second row.
My keyboard has 1 bar (Tab bar) and 13 keys (q w e r t y u i o p [ ] \) on
the same row.

The last (14th) key on the first row of WinMyanmar keyboard is the backward
slash (\) key. The backward slash (\) key comes after the equation sign (=)
key . The Backspace bar follows.
The last (13th) key on the first row of my keyboard is the equation sign (=)
key. The Backspace bar follows.

The last (12th) key on the second row of WinMyanmar keyboard is the closed
square bracket (]) key.
The last (13th) key on the second row of my keyboard is the backward slash
(\) key.

This means that the last (14th) key [i.e., the backward slash (\) key] on
the first row of WinMyanmar keyboard and the last (13th) key [ i.e., the
backward slash (\) key] on the second row of my keyboard exchange their
places.

When I tried to type, using Microsoft Office Word 2003, I was not successful
in typing Da-dway (the 18th consonant of the Burmese alphabet). According
to the WinMyanmar keyboard layout, Da-dway is supposed to be on the 11th
key (the second key after the L key; the key just before the Enter bar).

When I pressed that key [on my keyboard, it is the key for the single
quotation (') and the double quotation (")], I got just the single
quotation and double quotation marks, not the Burmese Da-dway and
Da-auk-chaik.

I hope those responsible will fix this incompatibility problem.

[1]