Re: Sone Thin Par - www.myanmar-image.com

Her name in our Zomi spelling is Sung Tin Par.

Sung = Perfect
Tin = Everything
Par = Flower, Flowering, Budding.

When her name is written in Burmese, it becomes "sa-leng ta-chaung-ngin
na-that". That Burmese word is rendered Sone in English. Actually, we should
not do that. The real spelling, Sung, should be kept intact. As you may have
known, we use Latin alphabet (just as in the English language).

The Zomi spelling, Tin, becomes "tha nga-that auk-myit". Actually, we do not
have the "th" (tha) sound. We have only the "t" (ta-wan-pu) sound.
Therefore, her middle name should be spelled Tin (as in our Zomi spelling),
and not Thin.

Some of the honorific prefixes used are:
Shan: Sai/Nang (commoners) and Sao/Sao (sawbwas);
Karen: Saw/Naw (Sgaw Karens), Sa/Nant (young people, Pwo Karens), Mahn/Gha
(adult people, Pwo Karens)
Bamar: Maung/Ma (young people), U/Daw (adult people)
Zomi (Chin): Taang/Lia

You may have read the novel "Malikha Chit-thu" written by Htila Sitthu
(ex-Lt. Col. Soe Nyunt, Deputy Minister for Culture). It was also a movie. A
Kachin army officer (Bo Gaw Lu La) and a Zomi lady (Lia Cingno) were in
love. Khin Yu May starred as Lia Cingno. Lia is Ma or Daw in Burmese.

Sung Tin Par could use Lia in her name, if she likes. She could be called
Lia Sung Tin Par.

But it is evident that Sone Thin Par is her preferred spelling for her name.

=====
[3]