Microwaves lose 26,000 to nil

If you google

soviet ban "microwave ovens"

you should get around 26,000 page which mention the fact that the Soveit
Union banned microwave ovens after one of its reasearch institutes found
they were harmful to human health. It is claimed that soviet researchers
found that microwaving meat & root vegetables caused the formation of named
carcinogenic chemicals. I was so alarmed by these claims that I emailed the
UK microwave manufacturers association & asked them if they could direct me
to any source of information which refuted these claims. They have not come
up with any response.

This has put me right off the idea of buying a new microwave. If anyone can
find a convincing source which ocntradicts the claims about soviet research,
please post it here.

.