Microwaves lose 26,000 to nil

If you google

soviet ban "microwave ovens"

you should get around 26,000 page which mention the fact that the Soveit
Union banned microwave ovens after one of its reasearch institutes found
they were harmful to human health. It is claimed that soviet researchers
found that microwaving meat & root vegetables caused the formation of named
carcinogenic chemicals. I was so alarmed by these claims that I emailed the
UK microwave manufacturers association & asked them if they could direct me
to any source of information which refuted these claims. They have not come
up with any response.

This has put me right off the idea of buying a new microwave. If anyone can
find a convincing source which ocntradicts the claims about soviet research,
please post it here.

  • Radiation Ovens - THE PROVEN DANGERS OF MICROWAVES
    ... did the Soviet Union ban the use of microwave ovens in 1976? ... Because microwave ovens are so convenient and energy ... negative effect on either the food or them. ...
    (sci.physics)
  • Re: How do you un-smart a GE microwave?
    ... G.E. recalls 92,000 microwave ovens ... If there was another more recent recall pertaining to these units ... I bough a GE microwave oven, model JVM1740SM1SS, less than 2 years ago. ... The keypad says that it is shorted out and needs service. ...
    (alt.home.repair)
  • Re: (NDC) Perplexed By My Lunch
    ... Metal cannot be used in microwave ovens because it shorts/ ... It's an old wive's tale. ... tell you to stir and let rest after nuking, ... I've played with microwave ovens at work. ...
    (rec.music.gdead)
  • Re: Microwave temperatures, Browninig Plate, Harmful???
    ... My microwave died and I got a new 1100W one. ... Power setting on most, if not all, microwave ovens are just a long ... The browning plate is supposed to get HOT and it does. ...
    (alt.home.repair)
  • Re: Damn you, FEDEX! or Nikon D40 lost in Springfield, MO blackhole.
    ... the 2 mp Mavica he had been using with a Nikon D40. ... After shopping around, he got me to order one for him. ... The shipper had it insured, but from what I have read it could take weeks to sort this crap out. ... You may get your insurance from FedEx and a couple weeks later they find it and deliver it. ...
    (alt.photography)