We're Prepared To Pay The Price Of Freedom, Are You?
- From: "justavinalarf" <nospam@xxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Fri, 25 Nov 2005 21:35:53 -0000
After Blair's threat to jail any editor who reports the Bomb Al-Jazeera
memo, we thought there would be an outcry. Who would stand up for press
freedom, or at least the freedom not to be bombed to buggery?
One man has come out fighting. Boris Johnson:
"The Attorney General's ban is ridiculous, untenable, and redolent of guilt.
I do not like people to break the Official Secrets Act, and, as it happens,
I would not object to the continued prosecution of those who are alleged to
have broken it. But we now have allegations of such severity, against the US
President and his motives, that we need to clear them up.
If someone passes me the document within the next few days I will be very
happy to publish it in The Spectator, and risk a jail sentence. The public
need to judge for themselves. Sunlight is the best disinfectant. If we
suppress the truth, we forget what we are fighting for, and in an important
respect we become as sick and as bad as our enemies."
We're with you Boris. Here's the deal. If you get it, send it to us and we
will also publish it. We will also risk jail.
Would any other bloggers like to join us in this pledge? Please let us know
by comment or trackback or email if you're with us.
- Prev by Date: Re: "Last Post sounds for four ancient English regiments"
- Next by Date: maths , physics , chemistry - free fast revision
- Previous by thread: "Last Post sounds for four ancient English regiments"
- Next by thread: maths , physics , chemistry - free fast revision