Khaleda Zia's Son Has Lost Weight In Jail, Says Wife
- From: nkdatta2467@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
- Date: 18 May 2007 11:40:00 -0700
Daily Star, Dhaka, Bangladesh
Saturday, May 19, 2007
Wife meets Tarique
Tarique Rahman expressed worries about his mother Khaleda Zia and
younger brother when his wife and mother-in-law visited him at the
Dhaka Central Jail yesterday, family sources said.
Tarique's wife Dr Zubaida Khan Rahman and her mother Syeda Iqbal Mand
Banu reached the jail gate at 4:15pm and met Tarique in the room of
senior jail superintendent.
They talked for around 30 minutes in presence of the deputy jailer and
an official of the Special Branch (SB) of police.
"He denied meeting Giasuddin Al Mamun in the jail as reported in a
newspaper recently," Tarique's lawyer Ahmed Aazam Khan told The Daily
Aazam accompanied Zubaida and her mother, but could not meet the
senior joint secretary general of BNP as he had no permission.
Asked if the three talked about Khaleda's going abroad or the
extortion case against Arafat Rahman Koko, the family sources replied
in the negative.
They said Tarique mainly enquired about the health of his mother and
his younger brother Koko. He also wanted to know from his wife if
their daughter Zaima Rahman was attending school regularly.
Zubaida and her mother wanted to know about his health as he appeared
to have grown thin. The former prime minister's eldest son still feels
pain around the waist, they added.
Meanwhile, the jail authorities said Tarique has been kept alone in
one of the 12 cells at Champakoli Building.
"For security reasons, we have kept the two cells next to his vacant,"
Deputy Inspector General (prisons) Major Shamsul Haider Siddique told
The Daily Star.
Tarique was arrested on March 9 at his mother's cantonment residence.
- Prev by Date: US Assistant Secretary Of State Tells Bangladesh To Turn To Democracy ..... ..... Re: indian hindoo agent daily Star editor writes editorial on Fake letter
- Next by Date: Bangladesh Braces For Another Season Of Catastrophic River Mishaps
- Previous by thread: US Assistant Secretary Of State Tells Bangladesh To Turn To Democracy ..... ..... Re: indian hindoo agent daily Star editor writes editorial on Fake letter
- Next by thread: Bangladesh Braces For Another Season Of Catastrophic River Mishaps