Re: It is the "dog days of summer". Nothing ....

"Vladimir Makarenko" <makarv02@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message

"J. Anderson" wrote:

"Vladimir Makarenko" <makarv02@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message

Do I remember correctly that you somehow found nothing wrong with your
family once owing some pieces on this "occupied" territory?

No, you do not remember correctly. Unless you are referring to a house
and
garden. Is that too much for your Soviet soul?

Oops, "a house and garden" I cannot speak for a "Soviet soul" but it
definitely outlines an American Dream. Do you hate Yankees almost as
much as Russkies?

'House and garden' is rather the English dream. My grandmother grew all
kinds of things in her Baku garden. I don't think American housewives grow
'arbuzi' or keep hens. Americans seem to be more preoccupied with their
lawns than with anything horticultural.

And I hate neither Russians nor Yankees. I do hate imperialism, though.
Small nations do.

.