Re: It is the "dog days of summer". Nothing ....

"Vladimir Makarenko" <makarv02@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message

"J. Anderson" wrote:

"Vladimir Makarenko" <makarv02@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message

Do I remember correctly that you somehow found nothing wrong with your
family once owing some pieces on this "occupied" territory?

No, you do not remember correctly. Unless you are referring to a house
and
garden. Is that too much for your Soviet soul?

Oops, "a house and garden" I cannot speak for a "Soviet soul" but it
definitely outlines an American Dream. Do you hate Yankees almost as
much as Russkies?

'House and garden' is rather the English dream. My grandmother grew all
kinds of things in her Baku garden. I don't think American housewives grow
'arbuzi' or keep hens. Americans seem to be more preoccupied with their
lawns than with anything horticultural.

And I hate neither Russians nor Yankees. I do hate imperialism, though.
Small nations do.

  • NO, its not raining. Its just the Republicants pissing on your leg and telling you its raining. Te
    ... coming our way in the House of Representatives. ... hold positions that required them to be confirmed by Congress. ... co-chair of the U.S. Civil Rights Commission (and American Enterprise ... My fellow conservatives on the ...
    (alt.politics)
  • Stop House Resolution 888!
    ... House Resolution 888 is an attempt to promote a fake ... have religion mixed with our government, just ask them to look at what ... Whereas religious faith was not only important in official American ... Affirming the rich spiritual and religious history of our Nation's ...
    (talk.origins)
  • Re: All Ifs, Ands and Butts
    ... Rep. Peter King of New York, chairman of the House Homeland ... "Loose lips kill American people," fumed House Wheezer Dennis Hastert, who ... "SWIFT has a Web site, ... The Freedom to Display the American Flag Act, ...
    (alt.politics)
  • Re: OT Dr. Jerry Falwell
    ... There is no hell in the hereafter. ... that decades of American meddling in the Middle East had sewn the anti- ... They hate us for our freedom. ... it breathtaking that Religion was the second identifying feature -- ...
    (rec.outdoors.rv-travel)