- From: "henry alminas" <halminas@xxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Thu, 23 Feb 2006 09:10:07 -0700
It seems that US Senators Clinton and Brownback
are urging Lithuania to quit "desecrating Jewish
cemeteries". My reaction was - huh? This since
any incident of this sort is always played up big
in the Lithuanian press.
The complaint pertains to a piece of land that had
been used as a Jewish cemetery a few hundreds of
years ago but had been eliminated by the soviet
regime right after WWII. The bodies had been
re-buried someplace else.
The city Vilnius wants to build something or other
there - something large enough involving other
plots as well (I dunno what).
Strange - that! Does this mean that no part of the
world, where Jews have trod, may ever be used
for anything at all?
Best - - Henry
- Prev by Date: A funny thing happened at the office today...
- Next by Date: Re: How weird.
- Previous by thread: A funny thing happened at the office today...
- Next by thread: Re: How weird.