Re: Don't insult our intelligence

On 11 Aug 2005 07:05:27 -0700, EKurtz99@xxxxxxx wrote:

>GWhyte wrote:
>> Don't insult our intelligence
>>
>> The Bible has many things to teach us about life but it is no substitute for
>> science, Mr Bush, writes Tim Radford
>> http://www.guardian.co.uk/life/lastword/story/0,13228,1546180,00.html
>> Thursday August 11, 2005
>> The Guardian
>
>Actually, the only intelligence insulted by this article is that of the
>Guardian readership, but they appear to like it, and keep on reading.
>
>> President Bush has let it be known that he thinks "intelligent design"
>> should be taught in schools, along with and as a balance to, the theory of
>> evolution. Evidence of intelligent design would imply an intelligent
>> designer, or God, as we Catholics call him.
>snip
>> What is shocking about the intelligent design
>> argument is that it isn't true and can hardly be honest. It looks, from a
>> distance, like a cynical attempt to introduce a literal version of Biblical
>> teaching into the American school curriculum, against the intention of
>> America's own founding fathers and the US constitution.
>
>If that is how it looks then the writer is obviously too far away to
>distinguish Creationism from ID, and should stick to what he knows.

Why don't you differentiate it for us? I don't see any difference
between the two. Intelligent design of the universe implies a creator
no matter how you look at it.

von
---
There is no conversation that I can have that threatens my reality and I
don't see how anyone can live with such a precarious state of mind.
---
God isn't the problem, religion is. Something that doesn't exist
can't really be a problem. Worshiping something that doesn't exist
is an entirely different subect.

  • Re: Dont insult our intelligence
    ... >>> Don't insult our intelligence ... Evidence of intelligent design would imply an intelligent ... > Why don't you differentiate it for us? ... teaching into the American school curriculum". ...
    (soc.culture.african.american)
  • Re: Dont insult our intelligence
    ... > Don't insult our intelligence ... Guardian readership, but they appear to like it, and keep on reading. ... Evidence of intelligent design would imply an intelligent ...
    (soc.culture.african.american)
  • Re: Under God or Under Darwin?
    ... Intelligent Design is a hypothesis. ... > Under God or Under Darwin? ... > based solely on scientific evidence yet is fully compatible with faith ...
    (alt.politics.bush)
  • Re: I can prove god made the big bang with logic
    ... of eden your suppose to make the word of god with snakes. ... I posted that I can logically make a big bang just by profiling people ... I said I can prove intelligent design that way ...
    (talk.origins)
  • Jack Murtha as nigger
    ... Phony Theory, False Conflict, debunking Intelligent Design, is exactly ... he denies the divinity of Jesus. ... This is the first commission God presents to ... commitment to the War on Drugs and the Karl Rove wing of the GOP. ...
    (alt.politics.bush)