Re: varimax rotation code

Hi,

No problem. Just send me an email to

jeffkatz@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

from an email address that can accept a zipfile of several hundred K
mentioning the factor stuff. I can then reply with the files attached.

Jeff.

Mike - EMAIL IGNORED wrote:
Jeff,
I would be most happy to receive these.
Thanks,
Mike.

On Fri, 30 Jun 2006 05:03:02 -0700, optionstraderjeff wrote:

Hi,

I have well-tested code for several factor rotations (Varimax, H-K
Orthoblique, Oblisim, and Primary Product Functionplane) and would be
happy to share it. It is, however, in Fortran, but may easily be
converted to C. If you use gcc for your C/C++ code, you can even
compile the Fortran code with g77 and then call the Fortran functions
from C or C++ avoiding the need for translation.

By the way, Harris-Kaiser Orthoblique, Oblisim, and PPFP are among the
best methods so far developed (far better than those, like Promax, that
appear in most stats packages) for oblique rotation. Varimax, we are
all agreed, is king when it comes to orthogonal rotations.

Jeff

Mike - EMAIL IGNORED wrote:
Does anyone know where I could find code for
the varimax rotation, preferably in C++ or
in C, but I could translate from another
language if necessary.

Thanks for your help,
Mike.

  • Re: undoing rotations and translations
    ... And a translation matrix is written as the identity matrix + one row and one column. ... To get the original point back, just inverse the matrix (which can be done with transposes and minus operations if you only have rotations and translations). ... I was aware of being able to use an inverse matrix after a single translation and rotation. ... if I use a matrix to translate and rotate, then use another matrix for a different manipulation, and do this multiple times, is it possible to add all these successive matrices into a single matrix by adding them together, then using the inverse to return to the original position? ...
    (comp.graphics.algorithms)
  • Re: Approach to computing similarity between two rigid transforms
    ... Smooth Invariant Interpolation of Rotations. ... Another approach would be to use the norm of the screw motion that transforms one rigid transform into another. ... For translations you can simply take the norm of the difference of translation vectors. ... When you want to compare the effect of a transform on an object, then yes, you could simply transform the object with transform A and transform B, then add up all distances between object points in A and B, divided by the number of points, to give you one value that indicates the "average difference" in points due to the transforms. ...
    (comp.graphics.algorithms)
  • Re: varimax rotation code
    ... I have well-tested code for several factor rotations (Varimax, ... Orthoblique, Oblisim, and Primary Product Functionplane) and would be ... By the way, Harris-Kaiser Orthoblique, Oblisim, and PPFP are among the ...
    (sci.stat.consult)
  • Re: varimax rotation code
    ... I have well-tested code for several factor rotations (Varimax, ... Orthoblique, Oblisim, and Primary Product Functionplane) and would be ... By the way, Harris-Kaiser Orthoblique, Oblisim, and PPFP are among the ...
    (sci.stat.consult)
  • Re: couldnt understand this code.
    ... rotations. ... each translation and rotation is relative to that of the caller. ... that's the easiest way to draw trees. ...
    (comp.graphics.api.opengl)