Compare slopes

We have two experimental data sets. Both of them have same independent
variable (X) and dependent variable (Y). For each value of X, we have
triplicate of Y data in each data set. We Plotted these data and fitted
to an equation Y = mX + 1 using MS Excel.

So we have got two linear equations fro these two data sets. Now we
want to compare the slopes of these two straight lines.

Our question: Are there any statistically significant difference
between these two slopes? Can you please let us know how to calculate
it? I am giving the data bellow:

First data set:
X Y
0.1 ---------- 0.66 0.68 0.67
0.2 ---------- 0.63 0.62 0.63
0.5 --------- 0.48 0.47 0.47
1.0 --------- 0.4 0.37 0.35

Second data set
X Y
0.1 ------- 0.38 0.39 0.38
0.2 ------- 0.33 0.34 0.37
0.5 ------0.32 0.31 0.33
1.0 ------ 0.24 0.24 0.25

With regards
Biplab

  • Re: a problem with temperature records
    ... would expect to get negative slopes. ... I believe this data set was conformed by a process. ... Looking at the pattern of deviations, ... Herman Rubin, Department of Statistics, Purdue University ...
    (sci.math.research)
  • a problem with temperature records
    ... would expect to get negative slopes. ... show irregular slopes like these ... I believe this data set was conformed by a process. ...
    (sci.math.research)
  • Re: test the equality of intercept and slope
    ... The value will be zero for one data set, ... intercepts differ is meaningful only if the slopes are the same. ... and one with an arbitrary constant k added to X: ...
    (sci.stat.math)
  • Re: a problem with temperature records
    ... On 13.04.2013 15:00, josephus wrote: ... would expect to get negative slopes. ... If you want I can send you the RAW data  and  the slope list. ... I believe this data set was conformed by a process. ...
    (sci.math.research)
  • Re: Compare slopes
    ... we have triplicate of Y data in each data set. ... want to compare the slopes of these two straight lines. ... With regards ...
    (sci.stat.consult)