Re: (also for \/) on Failure rates....

On Sun, 6 May 2007, DGJ wrote:

On May 3, 6:12 am, Straydog <a...@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Just what DaveJensennever likes to talk about, or admit is part of real
life:

Art, thanks for picking on me again. I always love it when you do
this, because it gives me the opportunity to step in and correct you.
Here's a couple of links that may educate you, Art, on what a job in
industry would be like. Many articles below on this subject you are
discussing. In fact, while no one LIKES to see failure, working on a
failed project gives you the opportunity to practice your political
skills (yes, they are necessary) and also to gain some much-needed
project management exposure which can really pay off later.

My articles for the AAAS on this topic, and others, can be found at
http://sciencecareers.sciencemag.org/career_development/previous_issues/articles/0000/tooling_up_index,
and my articles from many journals have been rounded up recently at
this site, http://www.careertrax.com, and click on the "Articles"
link.

I can wholeheartedly recommend http://www.phds.org over anything you ever dealt with. But, thanks for coming in and trolling off people from HERE to THERE.

Dave

  • Re: (also for /) on Failure rates....
    ... Art, thanks for picking on me again. ... project management exposure which can really pay off later. ... My articles for the AAAS on this topic, and others, can be found at ...
    (sci.research.careers)
  • Re: Women given get off free card for murder
    ... Why do you so consistently lie about the content and meaning of the ... rather than lying about articles which do no such thing. ... She was found guilty, and jailed or life. ... Just how she could have been "in fear of her life" in a crowded ...
    (uk.legal)
  • Re: Joe Biden - religious whackjob - life begins at conception
    ... Are not required to believe that life begins at conception? ... are issues determined as articles of faith by the Magisterium of the ... What happens if one disagrees with an article of faith? ...
    (rec.sport.football.college)
  • Re: DUMPING ON ISRAEL
    ... piss off the bulk of posters on this group. ... My curiosity it way up to the top, and I wanted ask about what it gets you other than animosity, and why do you do it? ... I come here, primarily, looking for articles, so I will read, think my own thoughts, and be quiet. ... life is a lot better since I killfiled Sordo. ...
    (soc.retirement)
  • Re: Stopping power
    ... Interesting to read some of those articles. ... Brings back memorys. ... started law enforcement training in the 80s, ... another path in life. ...
    (rec.guns)