Re: (also for \/) on Failure rates....

On Sun, 6 May 2007, DGJ wrote:

On May 3, 6:12 am, Straydog <a...@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Just what DaveJensennever likes to talk about, or admit is part of real
life:

Art, thanks for picking on me again. I always love it when you do
this, because it gives me the opportunity to step in and correct you.
Here's a couple of links that may educate you, Art, on what a job in
industry would be like. Many articles below on this subject you are
discussing. In fact, while no one LIKES to see failure, working on a
failed project gives you the opportunity to practice your political
skills (yes, they are necessary) and also to gain some much-needed
project management exposure which can really pay off later.

My articles for the AAAS on this topic, and others, can be found at
http://sciencecareers.sciencemag.org/career_development/previous_issues/articles/0000/tooling_up_index,
and my articles from many journals have been rounded up recently at
this site, http://www.careertrax.com, and click on the "Articles"
link.

I can wholeheartedly recommend http://www.phds.org over anything you ever dealt with. But, thanks for coming in and trolling off people from HERE to THERE.

Dave