Re: Profitable Solar Power - A suggestion
- From: "Bret Cahill" <BretCahill@xxxxxxx>
- Date: 26 Aug 2005 10:46:49 -0700
How about doubling the efficiency of wind turbines while eliminating
the noise by using nose cones and stator blading?
The kinetic energy to rotational work situation for the de Lavel 100%
impulse turbine in gas turbine engines (80% efficiency) is identical to
that of wind turbines.
The theoritical Betz limit efficiency of statorless wind turbines,
however is only 59% and the actual efficiency is only 40% for the
current wind turbines.
A 12 - 24 bladed turbine would greatly reduce the noise as well -- no
100 thumps per minute. You could place a quiet turbine on your roof.
It's hard to believe no one from gas turbo has bothered to straighten
out wind turbo.
Even the Reynolds numbers are about the same. The blade is about one
or two orders of magnitude larger but the speed is about 1 or 2 orders
In any event both in the same flow regime.
- Prev by Date: Re: Critical Mass for Fusion
- Next by Date: Re: Critical Mass for Fusion
- Previous by thread: Teller Never Fully Explored the Symmetries/Parallels Between Fission & Fusion
- Next by thread: "Fissionless Fusion" Instead of Emotional Value Laden Terms