Visit to Bremerton Naval Museum

Last week I revisited the Bremerton Naval Museum. It has
moved to a new building since my last visit about 6 years
ago. The new building is about 100 yards from the ferry
terminal. If you're an old fart, like me, you can get
from Seattle to Bremerton for $3.75 round trip as a foot passenger
on the ferry. The ferry ride is an enjoyable 1 hour trip each way and
there is plenty of room during off-peak hours. The museum has no
admission charge.

http://www.history.navy.mil/museums/psnm/psnm.htm

The museum has exhibits on the shipyard, naturally. It also
has exhibits on special operations submarines and the USS
John Stennis. The sail of the USS Parche is embedded in
the plaza in front of the museum.

Mark Borgerson

  • Re: way ot-cheap cool and ideas wanted.
    ... > i'm going up the pch to seattle, ... Museum of Flight - One of the better aerospace museums in the US. ... Bremerton Naval Museum - small, ...
    (rec.models.scale)
  • OT: More Swedish holdiaying travelogue
    ... the Styrsöbolaget ferry terminal. ... islands and an awful lot of bits of rock. ... the museum is intended to ... we've got a train to catch. ...
    (rec.arts.mystery)
  • Re: Oban
    ... Is the Museum of Miniatures still extant in Oban? ... The ferry from Lochaline goes to Fishnish, so you still have the issue about ...
    (soc.culture.scottish)
  • Re: Marked
    ... museum was in (IIRC) Harper's Ferry where part way round you come to two ...
    (alt.usage.english)