Re: Would there be war without religion

On 11/25/2011 3:56 PM, Eugene Griessel wrote:
On Fri, 25 Nov 2011 11:34:43 -0800, "DGVREIMAN"
<dgvreiman@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

"Dennis"<tsalagi18NOSPAM@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
Andrew Chaplin wrote:

Dennis wrote

Dr. Vincent Quin, Ph.D. wrote:

Eris wrote:
Would there be war without religion

Why not? in 25 words or less
;-)

ACW, WWI, War of the Pacific, American Revolutionary War,
Napoleonic
Wars...

Oil!

And, coming soon to an underdeveloped region near you, water!

Ah yes, the first cause of wars! That's why the Kurds don't have
their own
country - they're sitting on top of oil and water. Oil, water, and
Kurds
don't mix!

Dennis

If there is no reason for a war, man will invent one. We fight wars
because we like to fight them, and we are good at fighting them
because we fight them so often. Our species must control our
population. Most of our predators have been destroyed or controlled,
including the spread of virus predators. Without War we would be
eating each other very soon.

Unfortunately wars come very low down on the list of reasons for human
deaths. Last time I checked wars accounted for 0.4% of human
mortality. Cars take out at least five times that number!

Things have improved over the millenia. Although the further back in time you go, the thinner the data, archeological excavations seem to show that over most of human history, an average of 45% of males and 5-10% of females died by violence. By comparison, the "blood-soaked 20th Century" seems positively edenic.

Paul

  • It might appear the neutrality of some of these facts and informations is disputed and Shepeople dro
    ... Here are more facts... ... events by planning and control. ... It's water we're talking ... plastic bottle would keep you head above ...
    (rec.music.classical.guitar)
  • Re: So when will Ron Paul start showing in poll numbers?
    ... | The Federal, State, and Local Governments have been building massive Water ... | The Global Banks were taken over by two groups, Communists from Communist ...
    (alt.politics)
  • Re: Ozone dose control
    ... control action ... A buffer tank with a total capacity of 4,000.00 litres. ... pass it through the venturi and feeding again the water to ... I'm using an ozone analyzer to measure the ...
    (sci.engr.control)
  • Re: So when will Ron Paul start showing in poll numbers?
    ... The Federal, State, and Local Governments have been building massive Water ... The Global Banks were taken over by two groups, Communists from Communist ... took the Wall down to deceive us to think we had won, they had control of ...
    (alt.politics)
  • String algae issues
    ... Our pond is approaching 1 year old now. ... the the bullfrogs also seem to enjoy the water feature. ... since I added a UV sterilizer that problem is under control. ... controlling the string algae all that great. ...
    (rec.ponds)