Re: Boring and silly

La N. wrote:

"Frogwatch" wrote in message
..
I was curious about what those militia types in Georgia had read that
got em in trouble so I found it, an online novel called "Absolved".
My verdict, "Boring, silly and poorly written". I have no idea if
any of the stuff about guns is accurate as I know nothing about guns.
Being a 5th gen N. FL backwoods native and having lived in Alabama
and Georgia, You'd think I'd know some people like this but I really
don't. I don't know a single person who obsesses over the ATF and
such. They must exist, like the 911 truthers but I've never known
any for certain. I did know a guy who bought a bunch of assault
rifles and pallets of ammo but he never did the militia thing AFAIK.
Must be one of those weird subcultures you'd never suspect to exist
until you happen to run into em.

Umm .... wait a minute ... Eugene? Can you translate this for *moi*
plis?

Dunno why you're asking Eugene, since this is *American* militia stuff!

Wiki's article discusses this. I haven't found the novel, but here's the
author's blog:

http://sipseystreetirregulars.blogspot.com/

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2011_Georgia_terrorist_plot

2011 Georgia terrorist plot
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

In 2011, the FBI arrested four men in the U.S. state of Georgia, who were
allegedly plotting to deploy explosives and biological weapons to kill a
number of American politicians, media figures, Internal Revenue Service
employees, and innocent civilians. The four men were Frederick Thomas,
73, Dan Roberts, 67; Ray H Adams, 65; and Samuel J. Crump, 68. Thomas is
from Cleveland, Georgia; the other three men are from Toccoa. They were
members of a domestic militia group and believed they had to commit
murder in order to "save this country". According to The Guardian, Crump
had planned to make 10 pounds of ricin and spread it in major cities and
along Atlanta, Jacksonville, Newark, Washington D.C., and New Orleans
highways and bomb federal buildings in Atlanta. [1] They also discussed
dispersing ricin from an airplane in the sky over Washington D.C. and
possibly attack other targets with explosives. Adams is a former
Agriculture Research Service employee, while Crump used to work at the
Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. [2]

According to court documents, Thomas was inspired by the online pro-
militia novel "Absolved" by Mike Vanderboegh, which features small bands
of U. S. citizens rising up against the federal government. Vanderboegh
denied responsibility for inspiring the attack, saying in a blog post "I
am as much to blame for the Georgia Geriatric Terrorist Gang as Tom
Clancy is for Nine Eleven." [3] Earlier, Vanderboegh had attracted
controversy after urging health care reform opponents to throw bricks
through the windows of Democratic Party offices; several such incidents
occurred after Vanderboegh made his statement. [2]