Re: Steam Turbines - Cruise power

Eugene Griessel <eugene@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

On Mon, 24 Oct 2011 12:37:17 +0100, "Keith W"
<keithnospoofsplease@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

I guess that depends on how you define best but turbines
were definitely more efficient.

I define it in context of the original question asked here. There is
no real "best" for everything - just the best for the task at hand.

The best _available_ for the task at hand _within the schedule and
budget_. It's been alluded to upthread, but availability of machinery
and hands of the appropriate skill level factor (to name just of the
many) into the equation as well. Determining what is 'best' can be a
complex and uncertain task indeed.

D.
--
Touch-twice life. Eat. Drink. Laugh.