Re: Steam Turbines - Cruise power

Eugene Griessel <eugene@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

On Mon, 24 Oct 2011 12:37:17 +0100, "Keith W"
<keithnospoofsplease@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

I guess that depends on how you define best but turbines
were definitely more efficient.

I define it in context of the original question asked here. There is
no real "best" for everything - just the best for the task at hand.

The best _available_ for the task at hand _within the schedule and
budget_. It's been alluded to upthread, but availability of machinery
and hands of the appropriate skill level factor (to name just of the
many) into the equation as well. Determining what is 'best' can be a
complex and uncertain task indeed.

D.
--
Touch-twice life. Eat. Drink. Laugh.

http://derekl1963.livejournal.com/

Oct 5th, 2004 JDL

  • Re: "Mail" ???
    ... Starting a new thread with "thank you" is confusing, there's no context. ... postings relating to my original question. ...
    (comp.sys.mac.apps)
  • Re: stateless or not
    ... > Christoff wrote: ... >> context. ... > answer the OP's original question, nothing but definitions of his terms are ... valid for what he has in mind - essentially, he has to answer the question ...
    (comp.lang.java.programmer)
  • Re: VB or VC++?
    ... >> Richard Heathfield wrote: ... >>> Wrong in the context of the original question, ... And it's a free world here holly ness and ...
    (comp.programming)
  • Re: Guess which U.N. member state...
    ... > There were no U.N. member states in 1924, so the original question is ... > moot. ... You want to talk about lack of context, the press release they link to ...
    (rec.sport.football.college)
  • Re: Oracle SQL bug in 9.2.0.8
    ... Maybe reading the whole thread and looking at replies in context of ... the original question is an option? ...
    (comp.databases.oracle.server)